• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce trailer build thread

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck with the trip! Looks like it could carry whatever you decide to put on it. I agree, the wheel cut outs don't look "bad" but, in my opinion they don't quite look "right" either. A tweak when you get to FL might make look more "natural". GREAT job on the trailer. I'm curious like welldigger. Is she "driven"?
God bless,
Tony
:popcorn:

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking trailer, she's coming along very well! Good luck with your move & retirement, soon you'll have all kinds of time to work on projects.

shannondeese

I've been busy the last couple days on the Deuce and the trailer. I'll post pictures tomorrow of the changes but here's the list and some info for those looking to build a trailer for a Deuce. I used the stock M105 trailer master cylinder. I also used the breakaway tank from the M105 too. The stock deuce brake line will thread right into the outlet of the M105 master cylinder. You have to remove the adapter/reducer and reuse the copper washer but other than that it's pretty straight forward. I have two master cylinders on the trailer one for each axle. I hooked up the hoses and bled both master cylinders. I only hooked the air line to the forward axles master cylinder though. I went for a test drive to see how well it stops and to test the breakaway feature. Just using one axle with brakes stops the Deuce and trailer better than the Deuce stops by itself. I am going to put a T fitting in the air line tomorrow and have both the front and rear axle providing stopping power. I think the divided air supply should reduce the force being applied by the single axle brakes and make the whole set up stop a little closer to the same rate as the Deuce. If not then I will cap off the rear air line inlet and keep it on as a back up system. It's pretty easy to move the air line if I have to. The break away system works great and will put a strain on the Deuce when it powers up so you know if the air line comes loose. I also have a second set of stock deuce air tanks that I am going to replace the stock m105 break away tank with. I will feel better having the extra volume of the two 5 gallon tanks instead of the 2.5 gallon stock tank.
I also took a couple of the safety chains off of a m105 frame and bolted them to the front of the trailer so I can have a couple extra tie down points.

Last edited:

shannondeese

Trailer done

TRAILER DONE. At least until I get moved in Feb. Thanks for all the advise I got from y'all. As it sits right now I have 12 tie down points per side. 8 tires on the ground. Double redundant brake system. 5 spare tires for the cross country. And a lot of faith that I have way over built it. Loading my F250 on it today was a breeze.Trailer Done 1.jpgTrailer Done 2.jpgTrailer Done 4.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks