• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce trip n/e KS to FL Orlando.

AmericanWeapons

Hey Guys, It has been a while since my last post and I hope everybody is doing well. Over the past couple of days I have been considering taking my deuce down to Florida for a little bit of sunshine during the winter. I tried deciding between hauling it or driving it and after considering all options I have decided to drive it. Two good friends I have met through this site have given me guidance and spares, so a special thank you to mwmules and davesgmc. These guys have been with me through the purchase of my deuce, the repairs, the upgrades and I am thankful I have met them through this site. This trip will be from Kansas City to Orlando and is roughly 1200 miles. If any body has prior posts or recommendations as to what to have on one of these trips it would be greatly appreciated. I will gladly take any advice that is given and I am posting up my route in case anybody along the way wants to meet up.

Thanks,

Sean

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 6.51.42 PM.jpg

FloridaAKM

If you have any room to spare, you might want to see if anybody on the board has anything coming to Florida from GL in Oklahoma City. It would help with your fuel costs.

phil2968

Let us know when you will be here. We can throw together a meet and greet. Lots of members in the Orlando area. Where are you staying? Is the hotel Deuce friendly?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wait, you took advice from San Francisco Dave, The Beef King (mwmules) and you still bought a truck? :)

Good luck and have fun on the trip. Like was mentioned, sign up for the SS Express Shipping Program and help offset some fuel cost.

SS Express Shipping - When it absolutely, positively has to be there in the next year or more.

AmericanWeapons

Let us know when you will be here. We can throw together a meet and greet. Lots of members in the Orlando area. Where are you staying? Is the hotel Deuce friendly?
A meet and greet would be great, it would be nice to meet like minded people in the area. I grew up in orlando so I will be staying with my family and my dad signed up for the roadtrip. It's the neighbors I feel bad for rofl

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Run through Ohio and I'll donate comfy seats! While you are here we can load up stuff that needs to get to Ga and Fl. That should help with fuel costs.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Run through Ohio and I'll donate comfy seats! While you are here we can load up stuff that needs to get to Ga and Fl. That should help with fuel costs.

Yes, please come to Ohio and help ship the stuff to parts south of the Mason Dixon Line. Gimpy is running out of room. ;-)

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
He has the HMMWV seat mod already and think this is the route he is taking https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Kan...063ca5bf9e!2m2!1d-81.3792365!2d28.5383355!3e0 but not for sure as I can't get the screen shot to open big enough for me to read. BTW Sean had already bought the Bobbed Deuce when Dave T and I helped him JrSean 008.jpg it is now flat black with his gun shop logos on the doors and a gun ring mounted.
Dave T did a kool mod to the hard top as the truck is used at the range, the pass side 1/2 of the hard top is removable and is stowed in the bed when shooting.

Last edited:

AmericanWeapons

We are on the road guys! Didn't have too much room to haul anything on the way down, we should have a bunch more room on the way up. I look forward to meeting the local orlando guys and again thank you to my kansas friends. How many post again before I can respond to classifieds? The old girl needs some love.

Sean

image.jpg

Flyingvan911

Dave and Dave are great people. My family and I get down to Lakeland every once in a while. We go I-70 to I-64 to I-57 to I-24 to I-75. Try to drive through Atlanta at night.

gimpyrobb

There is 5 filters on the truck stock. Which one?

OOPS, I see fuel, my bad.

3 filters on the truck, which one?

gimpyrobb

First I'd try tightening up the bolt.

If fuel is leaking, you probably blew out the gasket.

Napa part number 15211.

You should have brought some of the secondary filters I sell with you! They have the correct gaskets in with the filter and they are $5! Can't go wrong.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Gimp is on the phone with him now, fuel leak problems in Warrenton, MO, west of ST Louis.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks