• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce trip n/e KS to FL Orlando.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I also spoke to Stan, but he is 1.5hrs away. A pm was sent to Andy1234 to see if he could help, I don't have his phone number.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Devilman96 and I had that issue on our epic Tennessee recovery. Thankfully he has a sack of compression fittings and we were back on the road in short order.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Turns out it is one of the plastic fuel lines. Working on repair now.
Are the "plastic" fuel lines from the duel secondaries to the HH as per original design or did that get changed sometime in the past. The HH head output is all metal lines but not on the "suction side" of the HH/FDC
So, are those "plastic lines" as per original design?

AmericanWeapons

Just a quick update guys, we are picking up the compression fitting now, what a night, we pulled over for fuel and she was pouring out diesel. It was close to 11pm, pitch black out, and 10 degrees so we decided to hit Waffle House as a hotel to regroup. We are hoping it's smooth sailing from here on out. I'm assuming I need to bleed air from the system once the lines are changed? A special thanks again to Dave and Gimp for the assistance and guiding me in the right direction. Going to order the spin on filter kits today hopefully so I can change them when I get in orlando and start eliminating some of the future problems.

Stan

System will usually self bleed. Turn the power switch to on and the elect. in tank pump (if pump is working should be able to hear it at fuel tank) should handle it. The line that failed what was it for or where did it go from to. Good luck and remember getting there is half the fun.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Usually there is an issue or two on a long road trip like this. I'm glad yours was easy and I hope no others gremlins surface.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks