• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce was dead on side of the road.

andy3

Butch brings up a good point. I'm not sure what power is available where we will be. I have a light tower with 3 lights that can light up a 3 to 5 acres. It has a 6KW gen head on it. It's not too loud and could be stationed a touch away or I can add a second muffler to quite it down.
When Ron & I spoke yesterday we discussed how this would start sometime Friday and besides the wrench turners there will probably be someone talking through the process. I have a portable/wearable PA I will pack for that.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can "see" it now, Wreckerman out there yelling, "they are removing the passenger side engine mount bolt now".

;-)

You will want an engine sling.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Know you know but don't forget a good size tarp to place under the truck. Seems like everytime I do something in the dirt I'm spending 15mins. looking for that one nut I droped.

bchauvette

Know you know but don't forget a good size tarp to place under the truck. Seems like everytime I do something in the dirt I'm spending 15mins. looking for that one nut I droped.
You are lucky when I drop something it evaporates before hitting the ground, never to be found:mad:.

Andy3 thank you for breaking your acorn hauler causing this awesome event. Could break your truck every year?

andy3

Butch, while I appreciate the way God's plan is unfolding lets leave my truck out of it in the future. With the rally's growth and permission I can see this evolving into other mods/resto/crazy builds in the future.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do believe we could find a new victim next year.
Speaking of next year this would not be a bad thing to pick someone with a problem and use it as teaching program.
And with the collective funding it. It would not be that bad on any single person and would be a great way to pay it forward.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a wheeled magnetic sweeper? HFT sells them for $40 ($32 if you have a 20% off coupon). This thing comes in really handy for the screws/nuts/bolts/washers/wrenches/screwdriver bits that can't be seen in the dirt or on a tarp filled with debris from the grenaded engine.

Attachments

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably. I'm sure someone will have a pry bar or an axe that we can use to rip it off of his head. :wink:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wait......blue gloves?
So, when I worked for a professional repair shop, one of the good habits I picked up from working around professional technicians was latex/nitrile gloves.

No matter how much you scrub your hands, you can't get them clean after a few days of heavy mechanical work.

My "real" job is a warehouse efficiency consultant, so I occasionally deal with people higher up the food chain and I'd like to present as professional appearance as possible (I even comb my hair on those days! rofl)

Also, a lot of carcinogens in petroleum products. Cancer is bad, mmmmmkay.

Someone has pics I'm sure!
Yupp. Always have gloves!

img_1432_648.jpgimg_4296_192.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks