• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diesel additives

Skinny

I use DieselKleen primarily for IP lubricity and that my truck sits extended period of time so I want corrosion and fungus prevention.

I would be interested in two stroke oil for those long hauls where I burn a few tanks one after another, anyone using it?

diesel583

I use BG a little hard to find. I use 2 stroke oil in my tractors. if you use it on road be sure it does not have a red dye. The tax boys will have a long talk with you.

Nico

Some experts gave me the advise to put 1l 2stroke Oil or some other cheap Oil in the tank before you fill her up with diesel. Should be good for the ip. Engine runn's smoother. I lately had some good experience with liqui moliy's ceratec. More MPG and less Oil Consuption. I Hope they Trade in the US. That Stuff realy Works. She always took 0,5l 15w40 on 300 Miles. Now i did 1500 Miles and the Oil Level is still ok. I used 1+2/3 can's directly to the motoroil.

http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/...ndocument&land=DE&voilalang=e&voiladb=web.nsf

Jeepsinker

I just throw a few quarts of whatever cheap motor oil is on sale at the time in the tank with fuel. I have used 2 stroke oil and the truck did seem to run a bit stronger. I run dieselkleen at all times no matter what else I have in the fuel tank though.

G'day everyone,....

Curious minds would like to know more,...???

Aussie,
I take it you are in Aussieland. In the States, we have what we call "off road diesel fuel"(which is dyed red, and forbidden to be used in vehicles driven on the public roads, usually used in farm equipment and cheaper too). And we have "on road diesel fuel" which is regular clear fuel, to be used by all private and commercial vehicles. If the POLICE catch you on a DOT stop, you in BIG trouble. Impound vehicle and large fines. Hope this helps.
While in the 25th Infantry Division, I had the pleasure of working with the RAR in your bush country. Fine soldiers and your people treated the GI's very well. Thank you.

John

PS. We loved your XXX Lager, man that stuff has some kick to it!!!

Skinny

I've had my Cuck for three years and have never been pulled over. Unless I was seen filling up at an off-road pump, I highly doubt a LEO would dip my tank.

So if you were running on road fuel with a red additive you should respectfully show your receipts for fuel and tell him about the additive. If he doesn't accept, grab your ticket and tell him you will see him in court. I'm sure a judge wouldn't even bother with proof having receipts. You should also know your state law regarding home brewed fuel. Under non-commercial use and under a certain mileage, you can run non-taxed fuel. That means legally I could buy off-road diesel, mix it with something else and run it. As usual, the LEO is unaware or enforcing something that is wrong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks