• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DirtBag Fall 2011 ???

BLK HMMWV

I have been under internet silence, (no internet), for the past week.
Wow, what a flurry of activity.

All I have to say is…Everyone had better be present and accounted for at CDB Fall 2011 by early Saturday A.M.
Jim you telling us to bring helmets?
Or is that why BooBoo is bringing out the buckets?
BH

msisco

I just spent four nights camping right down the road from Camp Dirtbag and the weather was near perfect. T-Shirt weather half of the nights and w*%d only one night. It was an awsome trip except for tearing the **** out of the rear end of my 5-Ton. I spent two days putting the rear axels and spring pack back where they came from.. I really would like to join you guys for my first CDB trip but I need some parts to fix my rig. Anyone care to point me in the right direction for parts? Here are a few pics of this last weekend at my property.
:beer:

Attachments

hole

I just spent four nights camping right down the road from Camp Dirtbag and the weather was near perfect. T-Shirt weather half of the nights and w*%d only one night. It was an awsome trip except for tearing the **** out of the rear end of my 5-Ton. I spent two days putting the rear axels and spring pack back where they came from.. I really would like to join you guys for my first CDB trip but I need some parts to fix my rig. Anyone care to point me in the right direction for parts? Here are a few pics of this last weekend at my property.
:beer:
For used (and some new)parts, call the Brothers in Fontana. I'm sure that they have everything you need. You might try Eriks Military Surplus in Escondido for new stuff.

Boo Boo

Quick note to George, if you ruin my kid I'm duct tape him to the top of your humv don't be supprised when you look up and see him dangling , you have my permission to ruin him, what an influence... WOW,,,, just one question does the winner get pumpkin seeds?? I have a feeling that we will be using buckets to clean up the mess, and if you wana put a bucket on your head that would be the time to do it. Just don't grab the wrong bucket...

Ammo cans sound good I'm in for a few...

Looking forward to seeing all, all my tools are clean and ready for the harvest..

BLK HMMWV

First off Boo Boo if you don't use the 100mph duct tape your kid is going to have some road rash.
I plan on letting him Drive the HMMWV again . I have another young warrior who is coming of age that will be breaking his teeth into the driving world behind my HMMWV this trip. I plan on also giving them both some stick time on some R/C planes should they want to have a go at it. I plan on bringing back the motorcycle to give him a chance to get the hang of that better.
I will be bringing out the gas powered blender perhaps you would like me to start him off early into how to make the best desert rita. I would guess not but be careful what you allow me to teach him. I have a BA in trouble and a masters degree in disaster .
I could strap him into the predator pack and he would be ruined for life. Perhaps I will strap you into it.

No matter what the outcome it will be epic.
I do believe were one week out and counting.

CC

msisco

For used (and some new)parts, call the Brothers in Fontana. I'm sure that they have everything you need. You might try Eriks Military Surplus in Escondido for new stuff.
I talked to Erik today and he has 10 of those torque rod bushings that I tore out of my truck. $90 each for anyone that is thinking about replacing them. Monday/Tuesday I spent about a grand on a new compressor, 3/4" impact, grinder, sockets etc... Sure would have been better to replace those torque rods before they went south on me.. I actually had a legit reason to use my military dual 10kw gen trailer. To bad it drinks about 5 gallons of gas every few hours..

Anyways, thank you to everyone that recommended places to get the parts to get my 5-ton back on the road. I will try to get her fixed in time for CDB!
:driver:

hole

I talked to Erik today and he has 10 of those torque rod bushings that I tore out of my truck. $90 each for anyone that is thinking about replacing them. Monday/Tuesday I spent about a grand on a new compressor, 3/4" impact, grinder, sockets etc... Sure would have been better to replace those torque rods before they went south on me.. I actually had a legit reason to use my military dual 10kw gen trailer. To bad it drinks about 5 gallons of gas every few hours..

Anyways, thank you to everyone that recommended places to get the parts to get my 5-ton back on the road. I will try to get her fixed in time for CDB!
:driver:
Hope to see you out there!

BLK HMMWV

Msisco
I believe if we see you there you will be up for the most money spent to drive under 100 miles award. Hope you can piece it back together in time.
BH/CC

Met1

George, count me in on your pumpkin contest. I'd like a class specifically for seeing how far we could chuck a pumpkin??

Boo boo, I wil be there , looking forward to seeing you and your son.

Aaron, I'd like 20 cans please.

hole

First off Boo Boo if you don't use the 100mph duct tape your kid is going to have some road rash.
I plan on letting him Drive the HMMWV again . I have another young warrior who is coming of age that will be breaking his teeth into the driving world behind my HMMWV this trip. I plan on also giving them both some stick time on some R/C planes should they want to have a go at it. I plan on bringing back the motorcycle to give him a chance to get the hang of that better.
I will be bringing out the gas powered blender perhaps you would like me to start him off early into how to make the best desert rita. I would guess not but be careful what you allow me to teach him. I have a BA in trouble and a masters degree in disaster .
I could strap him into the predator pack and he would be ruined for life. Perhaps I will strap you into it.

No matter what the outcome it will be epic.
I do believe were one week out and counting.

CC
Yes we are. Will you be joining us on the 10/20 bug out? :driver::jumpin:

BLK HMMWV

Not sure yet.
I'd love to get away from the grind but my boss might have other plans. She thinks I'm a bit nut's . Of course she has never met any of you guys. I'm kind of hoping she doesn't , I don't want any of you to confirm it.

I'm leaning on a mid Friday. I do believe you may find Eric at camp when you arrive.

Met1
I think you will win but then half the fun is in the design of the launch vehicle. Did I say I think you'll win!!!!

It looks like all will be well at CDB.

Met what size 30 cal or 50 cal ?
CC

Met1

George, 50's please. I have a chucker I'll bring with me. Maybe we can put one over the mountain with a bit of practice..

I also have a whole bunch of USGI cots, Ill drag some out if anyone is interested. Hole gets one for sure cause it was made the same year as his truck.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could use a couple of those .50 cans as well. Hopefully I'll be there on Thurs in the M109, but I haven't even started on the head gaskets yet so there is a chance I'll come up Friday in the POV, time will tell.

msisco

I am not sure on where to post this so please let me know if this is not appropriate. Also this is a youtube video link.

Here is part one of a video from this last weekend in Lucerne. This was taken about 2 miles from Camp DirtBag by my cell phone.

Good times but glad to be home from that trip.

msisco09's Channel - YouTube

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="5-Ton needs AAA - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheRecorder

George, 50's please. I have a chucker I'll bring with me. Maybe we can put one over the mountain with a bit of practice..

I also have a whole bunch of USGI cots, Ill drag some out if anyone is interested. Hole gets one for sure cause it was made the same year as his truck.

Cots ?.....:)

I could use/buy a couple of those.

100dollarman

<<<DIRTBAG SPECIAL>>>-

Lube Trailer-
gas engine (hour meter shows 2 hrs)
Compressor
Tanks and hoses on reels
Nice condition

Engine does not start (maybe old gas??)

"Hard to resist" price $500! Cash only-- come get it! NO paperwork.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks