• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DirtBag Fall 2011 ???

M1009 Fiend

So from what I gather it is easy to drag a trailer out there?

Can anyone recommend a spot to park before the dirt road just in case my friend doesn't want to drive her mustang all the way out to the camp out?

BLK HMMWV

Not sure if the word easy applies but trailers do get dragged out.
Military trailers do better than civi ones because of the ground clearance however you will see some civi trailers and toy box's at camp. Last year we had one trailer bend it's electric front jack due to low ground clearance. Some one with a camper ripped one of the support shocks/ straps from the camper to the truck off due to the rough road.
It sort of a crap shoot on what parts of the road will be like.
In your early post (#163) you have some pictures . From the go cart track sign back into camp it is about 8-10 miles of nothing but dirt roads like in your pictures. The last mile or so will be the roughest for a car with any kind of ground effects on it. I personally wouldn't leave a mustang or any car parked anywhere along that road unattended for very long.
Hope that helps
BH

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not only did my wife's HHR make several trips with no problems, but we tow a civy flatbed trailer with my buddies Sami and other toys and his old pop up camper. Both with no problems. I guess the trick is to drive slow and be careful. Only damage we have ever done is two flats on the deuce, but both while trail riding.

BLK HMMWV

OK
Since it's October.
I'm going to suggest a pumpkin carving contest using the Deuce Deuce for the kids however all will be welcome to join in. If your interested bring your own pumpkin.
I think it will be held on Saturday mid day around the lunch break.
I think a timed carving limit will be loosely enforced and then a panel of judges will announce the winners. Not sure what the prizes will be but I'll think of something .
You can bring out your pumpkin with your design already drawn on it with a sharpie and then try to cut out the sharpie with above mentioned tools. Similar to the game found at most fairs.

Any takers?

BH/CC

BLK HMMWV

Your up late .You better have finished your studies . I'm hitting the hay
I got a bunch of food for the tools . If you have some tools with glasses bring them for the others.

BH

Triple R

actually i got an important event tommorrow that i must attend...and still have to prepare for it! i think i can locate some tools in the other shed that will fit this occasion perfectly. make sure you bring good food. not any of that circa 2004 stuff....

R

BLK HMMWV

I just picked up three box's of MRE's for my mother from you the other day don't you remember. I meant I have plenty of stuff for the pumpkin carving contest not the javelin toss.

Triple R

just a FYI

i got in a pallet of ammo cans. 6.00/can either 30's or 50's. pm me with how many you want. they are clean.

some will have numbers/ some will be painted all OD green...i dont have a choice. luck of the draw....but if you want a specific one let m eknow and i will do my best...

R

BLK HMMWV

Aaron those things look like there painted with a speckeled paint. I think it is just the pixilation of your camera.
Good price for those in great shape.

What only one pumpkin carver at DB.
Looks like Aarons a shoe in for the grand prize. I'm suprised there aren't more people interested in the festivity. Maybe I'll just cancel it before it starts .

BLK HMMWV

Now were talking.

Yes I was thinking that there needed to be a contests for the different classes that you mentioned.
Smallest pieces will not guarantee a prize but will no doubt be a crowd pleaser.

BH

100dollarman

I 'sorta' got the ok to post a "Camp Dirtbag sale"----

KILLER DEALS up till Camp Dirtbag on Deuces, M818s, M820, M1008, etc. Lowest pricing ever.[thumbzup]

Specials that I can bring out to DB with me if you place an order--

Handheld 'main packs' $5 each. (normally $15)
Cases of premium MREs (12 meals to a case) $75 ea (normally $100)

All you gotta do is call! LOL I will keep a list of all orders, and bring them out with me.

HUNDY 760 964 5123 or office 760 248 6214

:grd:

Attachments

TheRecorder

I have been under internet silence, (no internet), for the past week.
Wow, what a flurry of activity.

All I have to say is…Everyone had better be present and accounted for at CDB Fall 2011 by early Saturday A.M.

Attachments

4 Hours drive to go camping in the desert ? I wont be there....
4 hours...thats baby $hit......Ive been twice and its one of the most fun and relaxing times I have had.

Hope the weater holds up for you guys.....I wont make it to this one, Ill be in Napa at Sears Point racing an 24hours of lemons event.

GODZILLA LOVES BACON

Have fun, hopefully I can catch up with you guys again!!!

100dollarman

4 hours...thats baby $hit......Ive been twice and its one of the most fun and relaxing times I have had.

Hope the weater holds up for you guys.....I wont make it to this one, Ill be in Napa at Sears Point racing an 24hours of lemons event.

GODZILLA LOVES BACON

Have fun, hopefully I can catch up with you guys again!!!

Gonna miss ya out there!

WTF!? I love the website! Looks like a ton o fun!!!!! Awesome----

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks