• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DirtBag Fall 2011 ???

M1009 Fiend

Looks like CDB is taking on a new twist from family oriented guys trip to more of a guys trip. Maybe the next one can be in Vegas , or down at Parker , or maybe Glamis.

BH

Guys,

Im sorry, i crossed a boundary I understand more of the event an will not be having things like that happen.

I want to apologize, please correct me if i do again, I wont take any offense.

Boo Boo

Hey Boo Boo, I've got sort of a bucket list--- 30 to 50 gallon buckets--- if anyone has 'em or can get 'em, preferably not too rusty or at least clean-able enough for fuel-ish things.

BTW; Anybody interested in some Thompson clean-up type accessories? Not sure if I can post them on here so PM me if you're game...
Are they used for dessil? Do you want plastic or hardened cardboard cotainors with sealed lids?

mendo069

i'm gonna get my butt out there this time.... my job has kept me from the fun way too long.... i miss all the green and tan and black (blk hmmwv) toys..... hope to see everyone soon....:razz:

mendo069

I can't make up my mind...... Aaaaaaaa!!!! The wrecker weighs over 30k. Not sure how much fun I can have... I'm gonna go thru both trucks and see which is more up for "clean-up" operations... Lol. :D

hole

I can't make up my mind...... Aaaaaaaa!!!! The wrecker weighs over 30k. Not sure how much fun I can have... I'm gonna go thru both trucks and see which is more up for "clean-up" operations... Lol. :D
The wrecker might be a tad bit uncomfortable to sleep in as well.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a small scare yesterday and thought I was going to miss out AGAIN. We moved into the new house we bought that I spent all summer remodeling. At some point my insurance renewal info came for the deuce and it got stuck in a to do pile while we were packing. Then that pile got boxed up and moved to the new house and quickly forgotten. Last night while we were unpacking I saw it and noticed I missed the due date!

I went through Gulfway and the initial quote and application took almost a month the first time around so I was pretty bummed. Then I noticed the actual company was Travelers so I got online and created an account with them since all the important info was in the huge policy booklet they sent. I was able to pay up (with a ten dollar late charge) and all is right in the world again.

Moving sucks, that's for sure. Luckily it had only been expired for a few days and the deuce has been sitting for two weeks.

Insurance - it's just another important PMS item.

mendo069

True..... Very true..... But.... I'm gonna bring my toybox trailer.... With heat,a/c,micro,sat. Tv..... You know.... Rough it.... Lol...so I'll be doing a trip with trailer, un-hitch, then go get my toy...

Boo Boo

Sounds like its going to be a good time, i promise to bring buckets... my boy cant wait to see blk humv again....what an impression he made.... to those who dont know what cdb is all about i guess you would know if you were there.... let me explain, your missing out on a great group of people who know the definition of being american.. im willing to sacrifice my job in order not to miss this... side note: glad to see met1 is coming out.... it wouldnt be the same without him... i like dirt roads too...

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well bouys and grils, two weeks exactly 'till bug out day. Finished the ditty rack in the 105 today and gave it a sweep. Lotsa dirt/dust from the last time out, The rack makes it mucho more liveable, less crap on the deck! This weekend, it's holes W/C, lube and the once over for the two of us as well as a fuel transfer session. Funny thing, last trip the batteries were good 'till the week prior. I have a solargizer installed. Same freekin' thing this time! Granted, I haven't driven the pig as much as I should have since last trip out, but i still start it once a week and let it run at 1500. Whut thee heck!!! Man, can't wait, I need to get away what with the work move and the accidents and life in general. Is it OK if I sit on my azz for a day?

mendo069

will, it's not only ok......it's expected!!! but i think your still gonna have a hard time sitting still with the clean up in full force....:beer:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can sit and clean. I can multitask! The only reason my chair will smoke is if BLKHMMWV or Met1 gets too close...or if the chili is good!

BLK HMMWV

I will be testing a new insect repellent machine at night .
It is rumored to be able to boil coffee , give you a sun tan at midnight, eradicate entire swarms of mosquitoes and keep your beer cold all at the same time and all at one push of a button. And I should add vaporize folding chairs if your too close to the business end . Crazy machine. Will I strongly suggest you stay away from the business end .

I'm going to try to be a bit more mellow this trip . ( please disregard the above contraption)
So I'm not going to drag out many tools.
Well maybe not as many.
I think I'll try and sit down my self this trip out.

Will I may come crash your party on Sat. If that's OK .

Boo Boo not quit sure if that's a good thing.
I have a way of ruining other peoples kids.
I don't have to live with them.
I just get them all amp'd up and send them home for there parents to deal with.

BH/CC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks