• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dirtbag XI

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up the 1028 at Barstow on Friday. Noticed a little puddle of transmission fluid under it....:-(

Checked the levels and it had fluid in it but was low, added a bit and checked everything else...then came the moment of truth, turned the key that I got off ebay the lights came on and it fired right up.

Also pickedup a canned 6.2l engine and put it in the back and took Barstow road to Hundy's place....only to remember he's closed on Friday (or he saw me coming) .:wink:

Replaced the transmission filter and gasket (after scrapping RTV off the thing). Drove it to work and back today and I'll take it for the rest of the week.:)

If all goes well I'll be there with the 1028.

Cool, sounds like a pretty good find--- hope the see it. And (gawd forbid!) if you don't make it past old V-ville, just seven-one-four-seven88-3nineNINEeight me and we'll throw a tow rope on it and get 'er there!

Actually, if anybody coming up The Pass needs any assistence, I'm just around the corner--- feel free to holler...:p:idea:

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i need a free rental deuce delievered to my house by tomorrow night with a full tank of fuel and a 500 dollar fuel card for me to use while I have the thing!!!! :lol:

Hey now--- that gives me an idea... I mean, you can rent a motor home can't ya'? Why not a Deuce?

(hmmmm.... we just might have something here Mark....)

Rent-A-Deuce!

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder what the insurance on such a venture would be?

Nothing like putting 13,000 lbs of rolling steel in the hands of someone unfamiliar with it. But since you technically need a Class B license, I guess they should be covered.

Mr. Carp, deuce plus class B understood. Probably a good safe-tee thing. But doesn't a guy need a class B to drive a motor home in CA too? (Good Lord!)

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mr. Carp, deuce plus class B understood. Probably a good safe-tee thing. But doesn't a guy need a class B to drive a motor home in CA too? (Good Lord!)
No Class B required for any housecar (motorhome) under 40ft in length. That's how I have my M109 registered and can drive it anywhere, anytime with no restrictions.

No Class B required for any housecar (motorhome) under 40ft in length. That's how I have my M109 registered and can drive it anywhere, anytime with no restrictions.

We gotz a 34 foot motor home (broke) and a 34 foot fith wheel (model airplane workshop) neither need a class B, maybe a class B non-commercial but that's if it's over 40 feet. I wish I could sell one of em or both of em to get a deuce, but parent's won't sell and nobody wants em for the price my folks are askin if they do. SOOOOOOOO I'm stuck. and for all you early dirt baggers, SAVE ME SOME TANNERITE!!!!!:beer:

BLK HMMWV

Last minute check list

Well just about got the last bit of spare space in the new trailer wedged full of fun.
Hope everyone has a safe trip out to DB in the next few days. Which one of you knuckle heads washed their truck. Lets hope the rain stays down here and stays away for a fun time in the Dez.
Friday night is going to be a blast. :jumpin::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::twisted::twisted:

BH/CC

Last edited:

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't wash mine, still trying to get it running. If I can't get it going, then I'll be out there sometime on Friday in my car (really slumming it compared to the M109).

BLK HMMWV

"I think we will move movie night up to around sundown. If it's to windy or rainy it's off. "

BH

The weather will be just fine........or just slightly less, maybe more if it's on the rocks.
Hey Jim
Make up your mind.
I liked the first forecast you made better.
Let me finish it for you Burrrrrr ing more firewood
BH

TheRecorder

Comm Check

I will be departing the Corona area around 3 p.m. or so. I will be monitoring and standing by on 51.50Mhz, with the PRC-77 during the trip.
"Delta 69" D69.

Dress warm.
And keep the beer cold.

Last edited:

hole

It's Time :driver::jumpin: For all those coming, please try and find alittle space for some firewood, night time temps are predicted to be in the 30's. See you all there [thumbzup]

mendo069

F.Y.I. it's currently 54* @ camp D.B. , winds approx 24-40 mph expected all day. nights have been in mid 30s..... so, dress warm, brings plenty of tie downs if setting up a tent and let the clean up begin!! :jumpin:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deuce is loaded, trailer is loaded and we are ready to roll -

to Idylwild for our Scout's Spring Camporee competition. Sure am gonna miss the flaming doughnuts and all the cleaning up, but raising up tomorrow's leaders is the weekend's priority.

Keep an eye on Brother Will - he shouldn't go near spring loaded devices or mines. Hope everyone has a great time.

:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks