• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Disc breaks anyone?

superburban

What does the disk break? If it breaks your axle, I'd ask for a refund!
rofl
Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Man I want those axles.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rodman stop by my shop the other day and took pics of various axle builds. I am a new member and can not post prices of items. Maybe the classifieds after a 100 posts, up to the administrator, sir.

KsM715

Are they designed to stop a 10K lb (bobbed) or 13k lb truck? Or, are they designed to stop a relatively lightweight (by comparison) rockcrawler?

3dAngus

Steve, You can post under these circumstances, where a member asks the question, and it is beneficial to the community, while being on subject. You cannot post on the classifieds, however.

p.s. You also have the option of PMing the inquiring mind, but it is probably better to post if you are open to it, as there are more than one person who would like to know, I'm sure. It's your call.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Steve, this is acceptable. Fire away.

3dAngus

WOW again. Now that Deuce really rocks my boat. I love it. Very fine looking truck with winch, bobbed, 105 bed, disk brakes, and excellent coloring and star. That hood is what everybody says it is and makes me even more aware of how ugly in comparison my M35A3 is, though, I would not say that when compared to most M35A2s for some reason.

So what did the disk kit sell for?

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Think everyone is waiting for the magic number? HOW MUCH !
The front rotor is 15 3/8" OD and the rear is 15" OD. The front setup is $1,650.00 and the rear is $950.00 Works great with the original master cyl. and booster. When i get the A3 here at the shop i was going to do a build on it, bobbed with a new m105a2 bed, this disc brakes setup, larger rear axles with locker.

Attachments

Last edited:

3dAngus

Many of the A3s brakes are hard to press. The disk brakes may just be one of the best mods one could do to improve the overall A3 deuce and make it easier to drive, especially for my wife. Thanks for the info. Definitely something to think about.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks