• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Disc breaks anyone?

mudguppy

OK, here we go. This disc brake kit was sold a year ago and installed by customer. 15" 2 1/2 ton rotors, f550 calipers front and rear - all bolt on.
Steve - glad to see you on here!!!!!

i've been trying to tell these cats how awesome my brakes are...!!!!!!! i've detailed it in a couple threads now but i'm not sure that the improvement is appreciated over a forum.

don't know if i ever told you, but w/ the hydro-boost, the pedal feel is about the same as my 2011 F350 - seriously!!!

sooooo happy with your product...

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve - glad to see you on here!!!!!

i've been trying to tell these cats how awesome my brakes are...!!!!!!! i've detailed it in a couple threads now but i'm not sure that the improvement is appreciated over a forum.

don't know if i ever told you, but w/ the hydro-boost, the pedal feel is about the same as my 2011 F350 - seriously!!!

sooooo happy with your product...
Yea, i have the green fever now, I have 2 new M105A2 and M35A2 and M35A3 to do a build on.

Cleptomaniac

From what i understand the A3 wheels dont seal too good on most tires... would be nice to get hubs that just have 10 lug! Or you have buy the hubs/brakes and then buy adapters or modded rims. Starts adding up real fast!!!

frodobaggins

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The front rotor is 15 3/8" OD and the rear is 15" OD. The front setup is $1,650.00 and the rear is $950.00 Works great with the original master cyl. and booster. When i get the A3 here at the shop i was going to do a build on it, bobbed with a new m105a2 bed, this disc brakes setup, larger rear axles with locker.
Is that price just for the brake setup? Or the whole axle with the disc brakes on it?

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that price just for the brake setup? Or the whole axle with the disc brakes on it?
It is $2,600.00 for the front and rear in a box. If i build the axles for you the installation is free. Yes it is alot of money, most guys can buy a complete m35a2 truck for less. The kit with F350 calipers on the front and weld on rear brake stands $2,150.00

Attachments

Last edited:

frodobaggins

Hey steve, since this thread has served as somewhat of an introduction for you, is that truck in your avatar yours, and if it is, is there anywhere we can find some more info on it ?

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey steve, since this thread has served as somewhat of an introduction for you, is that truck in your avatar yours, and if it is, is there anywhere we can find some more info on it ?
It is what started this so called green fever, tryed to buy a deuce and hlaf in 1979, could not get one, so i built my own. degined the though tandem in 1980, made the through axle 1981. beat on it in 1982, could not break it, Built the truck from 1983 to 1987. It has gone through different phases over the years. Has DT. lockers in all three axles, all live, thus 6x6x6.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks