• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Disc breaks anyone?

Cleptomaniac

i see... :( too bad i would love disks but will be too much money for them and rims and tires :shock: may be ill get tires, rims, then start doing breaks axle at a time :|

jsthnt@gmail.com

Steve
They look great. I would need a complete bolt on kit ( I will have to save my penny's).
This beeing said, how long does it take to put them on?
And what is the boost set up, I have heard it mentioned before and what does that cost?
Thanks

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, this is NOT exactly the pic I was looking for. The one I was looking for was black and looked a bit different, but might give you some ideas to work with.
These adaptors are threaded and must be bolted on from the back side of the hub, there is no hub pilot for the wheel. This is your pic.

Attachments

Last edited:

frodobaggins

These adaptors are threaded and must bolted on from the back side of the hub, there is no hub pilot for the wheel. This is your pic.
I wish I could find the ones I am looking for. However, I don't see how that matters at all. Seems like if you machined up some adapters like this it would work real well with the system you have.

mudguppy

... This beeing said, how long does it take to put them on? ...
the fronts you can do very quickly - took me about 3 hrs because of installing new races into the hubs and re-packing bearings. the actual brake components might have taken 30 - 45 minutes to assemble and align.

the rears take longer because of removing the backing plates - i chose to grind off the rivets rather than torching them out based on guidance from Steve: the rivet holes need to be enlarged to 7/16 and if using a torch you run the risk of hardening the backing flange making drilling very tough. all in all, doing the rears took all day due to grinding, pounding, enlarging, repacking, races, and final assembly.

however, if i had to do it all over again, i'd do it the same way.

frodobaggins

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks