• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diy rock sliders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shankem-Deep

Yea I could make a step, I'll see if I can figure out a way to make it easily removable for going offroad. You wouldn't want to hang it on rocks and such. Ada is only about an hour or so from OKC

trukhead

I can make a set for the trucks for around $400 if the cost of materials are the same as when i built mine. I can try and get an estimate on shipping costs. Let me know if you guys are serious.
Very Nice setup! I will see if the piggy bank has some weight to lose!

:driver: :jumpin:

jdeoliveira74

Yea I could make a step, I'll see if I can figure out a way to make it easily removable for going offroad. You wouldn't want to hang it on rocks and such. Ada is only about an hour or so from OKC
sweet... yeah need to find something that pays on the regular being self employeed has its benifits... but health insurance and a pay check weekly would be nice!! again. the rock sliders with removable steps would be great!
thanks
Jon

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the post. You have an excellent truck to be proud of. What would you charge to make up an identical set of sliders for my truck..?

I give you 1 rep point and 2 thumbs up for your ingenuity and perseverance. Thanks for your dedication...![thumbzup][thumbzup]

Shankem-Deep

Thanks for the post. You have an excellent truck to be proud of. What would you charge to make up an identical set of sliders for my truck..?

I give you 1 rep point and 2 thumbs up for your ingenuity and perseverance. Thanks for your dedication...![thumbzup][thumbzup]
Thanks man!!! I could do the sliders for the trucks for $400 plus shipping. You would have to drill through your frame to mount them. But I would send a template that would make it fairly easy.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok lets do this, Lets also add non removable steps since I run 37" and a lift kit, its hard to climb in at times. I just installed Nerf bars on another 1028 and they are not 1/2 as sturdy as yours look.The other pick up is a 1986 M-1028 same as yours. Pm me your number and pay pal info..k

Don

trukhead

I will be saving up my pennies an I will PM you for details about a kit from you for my m1008. Your truck looks tough! :driver::hammer: [thumbzup]

bshupe

These look like a great add-on. They also would do a pretty good job protecting the driver and fuel tank in a side impact crash.

Nice job!

Shankem-Deep

I didn't think about that, but your right, they definitely would help in that situation. I've started on the 1st sets and will be posting a build thread with alot more pics. If you guys want to place an order just PM me.

Thanks!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just ordered mine, I will post pictures on this thread for the installation when the weather gets better. I am excited since the nerf bars I installed on a 1028 4 months ago are already showing surface rust. IMHO this system is 4 X stronger and looks way better.

Shankem-Deep

Thanks for your order Don!!! I think you will be super happy with these sliders. I can tell you guys one thing for sure, these will not be half #$% made. When I build something, I do the best possible job that I can. I really enjoy going down to my shop, turning on the radio and building things. This is going to be one of those things that you really get what you pay for. Do you guys think I should start a new thread of me building these or just use this one???

Thanks,
Darren:beer:

Last edited:

Cleptomaniac

Shankem I would be interested in what one looks like on a 1009. I had some ideas of my own but haven't had time to make them come to life:p If you drilled 2 holes threw and welded sleves in then fabed up a step out of round stock you could slide it in the slider and pin it on the back side. That way it would be removable. I saw this on a jeep once. My truck is lifted with 35s so climbing in is a pain.

Shankem-Deep

You sir must be looking into my brain... That is the exact design I've come up with, except I think I have changed my mind back to a bolt on design. I love how quick the pin system is but I can't guarantee that they wouldn't rattle some. The way i'm going to make them you could use a pin if you wanted, but they will be shipped with bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks