• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Donaldson Air Ram 4" Scoop H008154, US Source Found !

infidel got me

Air

74M actually works for filtermaxx and they are giving a free trip to nowheresville if you sell ten 4' air intakes, so buyer beware. This man is a con-artist and he's trying to reel us in with his Ponzi scheme. JUST KIDDING 74m is a good guy he just got excited and 5' is always better than4'!:doh:

Last edited:

74M35A2

Bum news. Filtermaxx said they can not get the 5" model. What a bummer, this led to nowhere, and I'm again sorry to get everybody excited. At least the M35A2 guys had a win and can get the 4" via this method. I ended up ordering the 5" from overseas, looks like about $95 total including shipping and exchange rate, and maybe a month to arrive? Must really want it, but I want to keep EGT's down when I turn my pump up, so, this would be step one right where the air first comes in. http://www.westernfilters.net.au/5-Air-raminlet-127mm-5/

Last edited:
Bum news. Filtermaxx said they can not get the 5" model. What a bummer, this led to nowhere, and I'm again sorry to get everybody excited. At least the M35A2 guys had a win and can get the 4" via this method. I ended up ordering the 5" from overseas, looks like about $95 total including shipping and exchange rate, and maybe a month to arrive? Must really want it, but I want to keep EGT's down when I turn my pump up, so, this would be step one right where the air first comes in. http://www.westernfilters.net.au/5-Air-raminlet-127mm-5/
Could you please repost or PM me your original link? Did it end up in another thread??

74M35A2

My scoop came in today. It has the Donaldson insignia on it, but I don't see any slits in the rear to allow the rain water to expel, as their write up says. According to their one-pager on this, they say the rain will collect on the back wall of the scoop and run down and drain out. I thought their pic showed a path to exemplify this. Am I missing something?

infidel got me

I bet you didn't read the fine print on your paperwork-- it says (VEHICLE OWNERS CAN OPERATE IN WET CONDITIONS EXCEPT 74M- AS WE DID NOT PUT A SLIT IN THE BACK OF HIS AIR INTAKE OR A DRAIN) mine has a drain!

74M35A2

Seriously? I may have been sold a clone. Please post a pic of said drain. If you knew how to take a picture without washing out the subject with bright background sky, we'd be good. fat lady sings

74M35A2

I checked their page again, and it looks like upon installation, you need to allow some of the hard pipe to protrude up into the scoop. Mine does have the same slits at the bottom as yours. The water drains out these vertical lower slits. I was expecting a rear horizontal for some reason. We're good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks