• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Donaldson Air Ram 4" Scoop H008154, US Source Found !

infidel got me

Good thing you are not handler of the air impact on any NASCAR pit teams, it is taking you a month to put LED tail lights on. Quit working on Skeletor's lawnmower and let us know what's up with this snorkel, Cletus.
Well, I can say this-- it seemed to have a little more pep than before. We drove it up to the Sanford parade and it seemed to run better. Is gas mileage better? Don't know and don't care-- its not a Hyundai lol

Skelators lawn mower is done. Tail lights are in-- butterflys and puppies around here. 74M hows your sister doing?

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Donaldson Air Ram 4" Scoop H008154, US Source Found !

Bump up for CES3245th...

And I have some Redneck intake velocity data for ya, that I forgot to add.

So the inlet area of the 5" Donaldson Air Ram scoop actually has less area than the ugly military mushroom cap. The Donaldson measures 5.5" x 6.5", and the mushroom measures 9" diameter with a 5" pipe up through it. Inlet velocity is probably pretty slow across both regardless, and in my opinion the Donald Duck looks way cooler, but if you are buying it to increase inlet area, it is a step backwards. I doubt the "ram air" effect is enough to make up the difference, as these trucks top out at 67mph or less. Just FYI.
The cap has (15) 1.375” holes covered with heavy mesh.IMG_2365.JPG

A couple of measurement with my cheap wind meeter at 2100 rpm. IMG_2442.jpg
Hopefully you already had breakfast! IMG_2447.jpg
IMG_2443.jpg
I think this one was at idle, it’s been a while...IMG_2446.jpg28.6 mph

Now, I challenge someone with the 855 the see how much their motor sucks!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks