• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dont run into an m35a2

airmech3839

Well I just hope she has learned her lesson!!!! Don't drive in the rain and not know where the wipers are!! I try and think ahead and plan out ditching manuvers as I go sorda like pilots are trainned to do....always be ready in case some idiot or the truck does something its not supposed to....if you loose a front tire in traffic....watcha gonna do when they come for you...bad boys!!!

Josh

since i dont trust people doing stupid things, i carry a 1m/1m/250k insurance policy on mine, 59 bucks a month. knowing that is something does happen at least im covered. and **** i can run over a lambo and still only pay 500 bucks to have it replaced. how awsome is that.:twisted:

*Disclaimer*
Of course i was joking about running over a lambo... but its true about the 500 part.

saddamsnightmare

November 13th, 2009.

I wonder HOW many old deuces were scrapped and sold to Japan and China, just to be reincarnated as Toyotas?????:-D At least American engineering came out ahead on this one. I rather remember Strom Thurmond's comment to the Japanese when they said we were lazy, undereducated and unemployable.... The answer had something to do with the photograph of the Hiroshima bomb...... The PROBLEM with the deuce, according to modern engineering thought is that it was over engineered, we spent too much money on steel and mechanicals and created a truck that outlasted its usefullness (to the Army), which is by definition, poor engineering. I guess the FMTV is properly engineered, because they fall apart right after you put the armor on the cab!:twisted:

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

clpo

I was wondering the other day how long it will take for some sharp lawyer to claim that "she could not see it becaused it was camo"?? Your pics made me think of it again.....
CP

stumps

I wonder what would happen if everyone drove a Deuce.The insurance company would probably go out of buisiness.
Out of business from paying claims?

Ever see what happens when a big truck hits a big truck? It looks very much the same as when a car hits a car. When you are the biggest meanest fish in the pond, you feel safe... but if everyone is the same size as you, you are at risk once again.

-Chuck

rlwm211

I disagree...that Deuce is TOTALLED! Look at the damage...I will be happy to take it off your hands! No Charge!

You can sue the old lady and get another one!

:grin: :-D :grin:

Last edited:

greenjeepster

I was wondering the other day how long it will take for some sharp lawyer to claim that "she could not see it becaused it was camo"?? Your pics made me think of it again.....
CP
lol. my wife was in an accident a few years ago where a guy pulled out in front of her and she T-boned him. His big excuse was that he could not see her because her headlights were not on. (5:30 in the afternoon in the middle of summer) Now we joke that if the headlights aren't on you are invisible.

rubicon_in_ga

Okay there's always a slow learner in the class.... today it's me. I looked at the pictures a hundred times, and I can't figure out how she hit you at that angle. It looks like the driver's side of the Yota slammed the driver's rear corner of the Deuce, but how is that possible? Was she passing you in the opposite direction? Was she coming up from behind and skidded sideways to slam into the rear corner? I just can't figure it out.

If you hadn't said she hit you, I would've thought surely you backed into the Yota's door/windshield pillar.

Either way, makes me wanna get my wife a Deuce just for the protection factor!!

tm america

look like if you would have had some 15.5s she would have went right under you.this is the new cash for clunkers you will get some cash for turning that toyota into a clunker.go green or go home

BugEyeBear

Okay there's always a slow learner in the class.... today it's me. I looked at the pictures a hundred times, and I can't figure out how she hit you at that angle. It looks like the driver's side of the Yota slammed the driver's rear corner of the Deuce, but how is that possible? Was she passing you in the opposite direction? Was she coming up from behind and skidded sideways to slam into the rear corner? I just can't figure it out. ....
Looks like she was going in the opposite direction and veered to her left just as she was almost past the Deuce.

Scrapes on the underside of the Deuce's rear panel seem to indicate that she hit him at a 45degree angle, approaching from the driver's side & heading toward the rear.

A few seconds later and she would have missed him...

A few seconds earlier & she wouldn't be here to talk about it! :shock:

Last edited:

rubicon_in_ga

Looks like she was going in the opposite direction and veered to her left just as she was almost past the Deuce.

Scrapes on the underside of the Deuce's rear panel seem to indicate that she hit him at a 45degree angle, approaching from the driver's side & heading toward the rear.

A few seconds later and she would have missed him...

A few seconds earlier & she wouldn't be here to talk about it! :shock:

Okay now that makes alot more sense. I just couldn't figure it the way I saw the pics. lol Thanks for the clarification!

Stalwart

Every time I'm out in the HEMTT someone either turns/pulls right in front of me. Sometimes they cut me off and expect me to stop, I'm gonna add my Leslie train horns to it to make them pay for their stupidity by making their ears BLEED!

I was going down one road at 35 mph and someone turned his minivan in front of me and stopped . . . I was sorely tempted not to, he only gave me about 150' to stop.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GREAT THREAD:!:

One poiint not yet mentioned is....

Driver ReQualification Testing for license renewal after "at-fault" accidents, certain moving violations, after a certain age or with the diagnosis/existance of limiting medical conditions. There IS a point at which drivers become incapable of safe motor vehicle operation.

I'm glad that everyone, except that poor little imitation truck, survived without serious injury or worse.

Thanks for posting up:!:

saddamsnightmare

November 21st, 2009.

I guess Convoy Lights wouldn't have been of much use either, if she was looking below the dashboard top for the wiper switch....? I guess when you're 84 its tough to remember where they put the headlight switches on em since you sold your Model "T"
(Middle of the dashboard, Lady, right where Henry Ford put it!). I am always struck by how many people figure a deuce and its sisters will behave like a pickup truck when it comes to stopping, starting, steering & backing.....:twisted:

Good luck and let us see how the repairs on your truck worked out.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks