• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dont run into an m35a2

Florida used to or still does renew licenses THROUGH THE MAIL. They will renew peoples licenses that are legally blind and even DEAD! My great aunt was in her 90s and still had a valid drivers license though she could barely see! Thankfully she stopped driving shortly after my great uncle died, and her children my cousins took care of her till her passing a few years ago. I believe after a certain age you should be required to get a vision test either by your doctor or the DMV whenever you renew your license.

BugEyeBear

Yesss.... God willing you will be one someday. If it works out for you like it does for most, it will sneak up on you when you aren't looking.

-Chuck
YUP!!

There are three distinct signs of OLD AGE:

The 1st one is Forgetfulness.

The 2nd one is.........................

...... hang on........... It'll come to me..........

:roll:

PorscheTech911

Hey now, i'm not calling any of you old hehe. You know what I'm talking about, those super old, barely can walk to the car, see over the dash, ect. I know I'll be old as **** someday, and I'll be hitting everything, I look forward to being able to flip off little kids and getting away with it cause "He's just the crazy old man down the street" LOL

powerhouseduece

Ok am I the only one who see's this? I dont mind that a 84 year old women is out on the road, but what is she doing driving a TOYOTA??!?!?!

Shouldn't she be in a 79' Ford LTD II or something? If that were the case it would be like 2 deuce's crashing into each other :razz:

SEAFIRE

Happened in 2004 at a grass fire:

1967 M35A2 Brush truck with extended bumper vs Ford Ranger.

I was riding on the bumper of the deuce when this happened, didn't even feel a bump, just pushed the Ford Ranger out of the way. It wasn't very funny at the time.... :shock:

The driver of the Deuce has since passed on, he was a Deuce Driver in the Korean War. He used to tell us stories about the truck convoy's and such.

Attachments

jollyroger

So the old lady made it, the Yota did not and the deuce is damaged. It could always be worse. I mean you could be having to fix a broken tail light or buff paint off the NDT's. Well I guess with that much damage it is time to bob the truck.:grin:

jimm1009

impact damage

In defense of the rice-mobile it did break on of the reflectors but it was sun damaged so definitely Deuce 1 - Toyo 0.

Did you even feel the impact of the "want to be truck"?

jimm1009

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Looking for the wiper switch in a Toyota truck? It's a 5" long lever on the right side of the steering column, opposite the turn signal lever. You don't even need to take a hand off the wheel to hit it. And that's where Toyota has been putting their wiper switches for at least 30 years. :roll:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
all kidding aside, MANY years ago (97 or 98) this was in MV mag. a lady RAN a stop sign, got t-boned by a HMV (i think it was a cucv), her lawyer said that she could not see the truck because it was camoed and that since the government designed the camo to make things hard to see she DIDNT see it when she decided to RUN the stop sign, so the t-boning was the HMVs fault. this get even worse, the JUDGE agreed with the T-BONED and her accident chaser

jimm1009

That judge should have been relieved of his duties by the bar association and / or state of his residence.

This is an excellent example of an Ambulance Chaser at his best.

When I purchased my first MV (M1009 CUCV) I wired in a relay and oil pressure switch to the dim healights.
When ever there is oil pressure, ie; engine is running, the dim headlghts are on. It is too easy to forget about the headlight during the day for me so this was my fix. I did also wire in an override switch to kill the lights when hunting, running for extending periods during maintenance, etc.
A 3 color woodland camo'd vehicle is not quite as easy to see on the road as a white SUV so perhaps we as MV owners should remember to ensure that our lights are always on when ever we are on the public roads.
I'm not defending the stupid lady that ran the stop sign by any means, as she broke the law and should have been punished and the judge should have lost his or her job but that is just my 1.7 cents worth.
Lights on and be safe (er) and think O.D. Green at all times!

jimm1009 ;-)

BugEyeBear

all kidding aside, MANY years ago (97 or 98) this was in MV mag. a lady RAN a stop sign, got t-boned by a HMV (i think it was a cucv), her lawyer said that she could not see the truck because it was camoed and that since the government designed the camo to make things hard to see she DIDNT see it when she decided to RUN the stop sign, so the t-boning was the HMVs fault. this get even worse, the JUDGE agreed with the T-BONED and her accident chaser
IF they were driving thru the middle of a JUNGLE I could almost agree w the judge...

But in an urban environment the Camo sticks out like a sore thumb!!

stumps

IF they were driving thru the middle of a JUNGLE I could almost agree w the judge...

But in an urban environment the Camo sticks out like a sore thumb!!
On that I must agree. Whenever I have driven my deuce, everyone looks at it when they pass. If deuces weren't so high up off the ground, they would all make eye contact.

-Chuck

cten

That is my biggest fear is hitting someone... not them hitting me. Lets face it. We would survive a head on and they would not. You drive slower. Less than 55 and under 35-40 on side roads. Anything faster than that gets a little hard without power steering and the feeling your going off the road from the hieght of the truck.

I agree that most people just do not have common sense these days and are too easily to blame everyone else for their short comings.

airmech3839

I have been watching this thread and have wondered how she could have missed the big green truck even in the rain.........well it was answered today when my wife hit the opposite corner as the 84yr old lady and broke the back 1/4 window and dented the side of her car. She came in mad at me!! Then blamed herself and then cried!!! Oh to be a woman!!

Attachments

BugEyeBear

OUCH!!

Shame on you for damaging her car!

Nice of her to eventually take the blame, BUT YOU KNOW that when she retells this story it will always be YOUR FAULT!!

Looks Fixable... a little pull hammer work, some body filler, a little paint, a new window, and "whala" its good as new!!

That said, I think the Deuce is TOTALED! Better file an insurance claim & get a new one!!

Last edited: