• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DOT-5 from JCWitney

goldneagle

North American NA40 DOT 5 Silicone Brake Fluid - 32 fl. oz.
by North
5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
Like (0)
Price: $13.89 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
Want it delivered Monday, December 27? Order it in the next 13 hours and 6 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
2 new from $13.89

COMES OUT TO $55.56 per gallon!!!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
North American NA40 DOT 5 Silicone Brake Fluid - 32 fl. oz.
by North
5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
Like (0)
Price: $13.89 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
Want it delivered Monday, December 27? Order it in the next 13 hours and 6 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
2 new from $13.89

COMES OUT TO $55.56 per gallon!!!
Even better! Plus you might be able to stack it with other deals with Amazon.

Terexts

I bought the North American NA40 DOT 5 from Amazon. It was way cheaper than going and buying it at a local auto parts store.

paulfarber

I saw that but in the past have had poor results with Amazon's shipping charges.

I ordered two cargo baskets for my mountain bike and was charged S&H x2.

I then ordered travel mugs as gifts (4) and was charged S&H x4.

So either its random or some places just rip you off.. that's why I skipped it.

I see though this is free shipping... NICE.

THANKS FOR THE TIP!!! :beer:

DieselBob

I think there was someone on the site as well that had some listed in the classifieds.

I bought some from Krall here on ss but I don't see it listed anymore. I believe the last time I remember his add he was down to 1 ~ 2 gallons left and that was a while back.

Flyingvan911

I've seen someone on eBay selling it but their ad says it's not in the original container. I would worry about contamination since the deuce has a single circuit. Any thoughts on buying opened DOT 5?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call the dealers:Antelope Valley, Memphis, Saturn, Eriks Surplus, Muttparts, Frontline. One will have it for 30-40 a gallon.

FormerNewMVGuy

I used to get it from Sprucemtsurplus.com , 30 bucks a gallon , but dont know if don still has any?

I got 7 gallons myself , i think it will hold me ;-)

I bought some from Krall here on ss but I don't see it listed anymore. I believe the last time I remember his add he was down to 1 ~ 2 gallons left and that was a while back.
I bought a gallon from Krall back in November I think and he mentioned that was his last one.

Guess it's not coming out of DRMO much. From what I hear most items listed as consumables are just pitched. What a shame.

LC

mtmopar

Anyone know of a good current place to get Dot 5? All I'm seeing is $75.00 and up for a gallon. I'd like to save a little money if I could. Thanks

DieselBob

:ditto: I always try to support members when possible.

If you don't find a member selling any there are two dealers that have it listed but I don't know for a fact they have it still in stock. The shipping can be high so be sure to compare. I think the days of $20 ~ $30 a gallon are behind us now.2cents

BRAKE FLUID SILICONE 1 GALLON CAN | All M Series Vehicles | Military Vehicles For Sale | Military Trucks For Sale | M35 A2 | 5 Ton | M151 A1 A2 | Surplus Parts - TNJ Murray

http://www.easternsurplus.net/images/common_spares/siliconfluid.JPG