• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Double Deuce crew cab

bambambam22

Any new photos. I think this is an awesome idea and I would like to see it. Did you keep the total length of the bed or did you shorten the bed to get the room. I want to do the same thing and I am guessing I need a parts truck and need to add about 5 feet to the frame. Have you addressed the drive shaft? I was thinking about using an additional section as long as what I added to the frame and then running to a carrier barring then down to the rear-end. Your thoughts?

ccequipment

Going to camo the bed today, and just got the driveshaft back friday. the M105 bed is full length, 9' and the frame is full length also, I added nothing to it. The wheel base is about 20" longer than a 6x6 so its like driveing a school bus. The driveshaft ended up 97" long so I had to put a carrier bearing in it. I am going to mount it off the stock crossmeber off the frame. I will try to post some pics tonight.

ccequipment

Got some more done on the truck today, seats all installed, data tags back on the dash, bed camo, driveshaft installed, and headliner installed. I will have this truck done tommorow and outside and will take some good pics of it in the sunlight. The rear seat is out of a '02 Ford super duty crew cab rear seat. it was quick and easy. I had to make some brackets for it of course. Going to call my window tint guy and get the windows tinted soon.

Attachments

bambambam22

Do you build a compleatly new bed? Why are you puting fender wells in the bed is it just for looks which if it is it looks great I just want to know if there is a reason other than looks. It is awesome. I can not wait to see the compleat truck!!!

frodobaggins

Do you build a compleatly new bed? Why are you puting fender wells in the bed is it just for looks which if it is it looks great I just want to know if there is a reason other than looks. It is awesome. I can not wait to see the compleat truck!!!
That's a bed off a m105 trailer.

bambambam22

Oh wow I had no idea. I have to turn mine into a crew cab I just have to wait till I can afford it. I think I want to leave the ful size bed on mine and just add about 5 foot into the frame but I am going to have to come up with a junt truck to scrap out for cab parts and frame parts. Is 5 foot about right as to what to add to the cab? Do you know of any problems that my idea will create that I don't know about that would make me regret it? Thank you for sharring. The main thing I have found about the Deuce crowd is they are very helpful and kind. It is really nice to find a group of people that are not totally self absorbed and willing to help bring someone like me along!

davesgmc

Oh wow I had no idea. I have to turn mine into a crew cab I just have to wait till I can afford it. I think I want to leave the ful size bed on mine and just add about 5 foot into the frame but I am going to have to come up with a junt truck to scrap out for cab parts and frame parts. Is 5 foot about right as to what to add to the cab? Do you know of any problems that my idea will create that I don't know about that would make me regret it? Thank you for sharring. The main thing I have found about the Deuce crowd is they are very helpful and kind. It is really nice to find a group of people that are not totally self absorbed and willing to help bring someone like me along!
go get yaa 5 ton bridge trc k, add 6 feet of cab to it and you can still add a 14 foot 5 ton bed and have twice the truck of a duece! ( I know, I built one)

bambambam22

photos

you have to have a pic that I can see the little one is too small. I am like a rabid dog and I need to see it!!! It sounds way to cool and I am thinking that this military truck thing is going to get expensive. I started it because I thought it would not cost much. I am begeinning to think I was wrong

ccequipment

Here are some finshed pics of the truck, I am having a guy come out tonight and tint the windows, and it will be done. The truck drives great, and rides very smooth. It has no vibrations even at 70MPH. I think it has turned out very good, and yes I will put a price tag on it if someone wants it, but I plan to drive this one for a while, unless someone wants it worse than I do. I also wanted to let you guys know that I am getting into the new parts market for these trucks and other military vehicles. I have filiters, brake parts, electrical, exhaust, and all the normal parts you guys might need, and can get just about anything. I will be adding these to my ebay store in the upcoming weeks.

Attachments