• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dually Conversion (For looks)

87k5

A2 conversion

I have done the m1008 to m1028A2 conversion(most of it). I can post up some pics if there is some interest. I sourced the correct dually front hubs, fenders (sourced a whole dually bed so I would have the wiring harness for the marker lights and I could just sell my orignal bed as it is in good condition), found all 6 dually wheels (craigslist), and the dana 70hd (craigslist), np205 transfer case, data plates.

I am in the middle of the conversion now as I had to put it on hold for a deployment overseas, where I am now.

Charlie

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
dually 37's would look amazing...does anyone have any pics of something like that?
I've got a couple of dual sets for my M-37 / M-42 and M101A1 trailer. I have 4 wheels and tires to make a dual set on my trailer and rear of my truck or duals on all 4 wheels of my truck. I've only installed them to check fit / function.

I've added a couple of picks below of the fit / function test on the front of the truck that I did.

Not very exciting photos but it proved they worked, which was all I wanted.

Attachments

4x4e350

I ended up getting a crew cab SRW from GL, that was a line truck for the air force. It had a lot of hilo damage, so I took a different route to making a full flegged dually. When I got my M818, it had 11 brand new T831's, so I had to find a use for them, I also had a old farm truck Chevy C60, I figured why not use the best parts of each, and graff them together.
This is the newest pic of the current truck I have, but I have since mounted the dually fenders(Found on craigslist), and am almost ready for paint. If mounting OEM dually fenders on a original SRW bed, they are different, and access holes will need to be made in the inner skin, so the fender bolts can be accessed. I just marked were the mounting holes would be, and drilled 1 1/2" access holes on the inside of the bed. JUst an FYI.

Attachments

Danger Ranger

You should postyour own thread on that truck. Do it right and it can be very cool. Myself, probably along with others, would love to see more.

hatteras4164

Look on Egay and buy and old Big block rusted out dually. there are quite a few on there and you can use several of the parts from the donor on your cucv. and at the end sell what is left for scrap and get some money back.

M1A96819

M1008 Converted Dually

Ok.......been doing research here on converting a M1008 to a dually so here some questions:

The goal is to use the same drive line components as much as possible for the M1008.

This dually is for parts here and if the seller is willing to sell me these dually rims, will these work and fit the M1008? Its 1993/1994 chevy. If not....What year or model of wheels would I have to get?

5Ie5V25F93E53G73o2c9gf57a7a8f6d861ae7_zps6b940dff.jpg

Also did research on these adapters from Arrowcraft.
Adaptors, Wheels, Duality Fenders and Complete Kits - Arrowcraft :: Helping You Handle the Road for over 30 years!

Based on this photo, this is the goal of Converted M1008 Dually to be. By the way........Are those 37" tires?

Mahalo's

Attachments

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can dual/triple out any vehicle if you have a mind to. Not always for looks.
Truck regularly runs at Yankee Lake Truck Nights.

Attachments

M1A96819

I would grab the rims and the rear axle, That way you dont have to sorce a D70 and you can put your guts into it.

Hopefully I can muster up in getting the complete D70 and the front rims/hubs assembly. I contacted the seller via email.

What would be a good reasonable offer for the D70 rear axles and the six rims with front hubs included?

What modification if any will be needed on the length on the M1008 drive shaft to the D70 and the use of the existing universal joints from the M1008?

Mahalo's ODave[thumbzup]

ODdave

$250 for the pair ? WOW

Hard to tell but they look like duallies (need to see the hubs) But that looks to be a 14bolt dually from the 80's which is to narrow for a truck with a box. Those where cab & chassie trucks only

If thats 250 for both in that picture that is a smoking deal.

Last edited:

ODdave

Also fwiw, The 90's body style trucks had a wider dually rear axle than the 80's body style 14bolt. The dana 70 dually from the 80's and the 14bolt dually from the 90's are the same, or very close.

vinny-socom1

Maybe I'm wrong but I have a M1010 14 bolt I can not fit the dually 16.5 rims over the brake drums. You can space the wheel out on the axle to clear the drums but then you still need to space the two tires from each other to clear the 37s. What am I missing? Who has done this conversion with the stock axle?

Vinny

ODdave

Maybe I'm wrong but I have a M1010 14 bolt I can not fit the dually 16.5 rims over the brake drums. You can space the wheel out on the axle to clear the drums but then you still need to space the two tires from each other to clear the 37s. What am I missing? Who has done this conversion with the stock axle?

Vinny
DRW w/box rear axles are roughly 10in wider, if you look at drw brake drums you will see the offset difference. Far better just to swap axles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks