• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dukw progress thread

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
First...the paint is NOT as glossy as it looks in the pics...no idea why it looks like that:

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Looking good. You did forget to grind of those non original brackets on the transom through. What paint did you spray her with? Ryan
Ryan, Tony and Troy talked me out of cutting those brackets off and yes, they are not original...and they are ugly...BUT...they made a good case for keeping them...can't remember what it was...but it was good at the time.:roll:

The paint was mixed by our local Carquest. The color is one I had made about 5 years ago when we painted my M211 and M37. Both vehicles have been outside for the 5 years and the paint is still good.
Our local Carquest actually has it listed now as "Imperial First Sergeant Green". It's sorta like between WWII Drab and 24087 enamel cut with thinner.

zout

When you lay that paint on new - anything and everything shows up.
It looks great IFS paint is a winner.

Now that is a lot of paint - how many gallons did it take PB.

ABN173

Looks awesome PB! Wish I was not missing all the fun, been up here at FT BRagg scoping out home locations. Should be coming down this weekend to pick up the red deuce. Thanks again for all your help!

Dale

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Looks awesome PB! Wish I was not missing all the fun, been up here at FT BRagg scoping out home locations. Should be coming down this weekend to pick up the red deuce. Thanks again for all your help! Dale
It's a darn good thing the DUKW wasn't parked anywhere near that red deuce!!!

Tony cranked her up yesterday and she blew a HUGE plume of water and soot all over my M211 and my lil red dump truck!!

Attachments

ABN173

It's a darn good thing the DUKW wasn't parked anywhere near that red deuce!!!

Tony cranked her up yesterday and she blew a HUGE plume of water and soot all over my M211 and my lil red dump truck!!
Dang that is a new one, guess I need to use the coffee can trick on the exhaust when parked!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks