• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dukw progress thread

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Not much progress other than the first coat of primer. Our priority was to get primer on her and not let surface rust start on the newly blasted surface. Troy will spray a second coat of primer this week.
I bet you would never guess that after blasting, we found several "pin holes" in various places!!:cry:

Oh well...we knew it wouldn't be easy...or cheap.

Here's a couple pics after the first primer coat. Just try to look thru the WC:

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Troy made a little progress this week between working on commercial trucks and today several of us jumped in and helped.
(OK, the truth is...they told me the best way I could help was to control BabyBear and stay out of the way.:cry:)

Troy and Tony got some of the worse places cut out and patches welded in/primed over...then we had to turn her around to start on the other side. When both sides, front and back are done she gets another coat of primer then she gets "tipped" to do the bottom of the hull one side at a time.

THEN...we move inside, clean up/prime/paint then install engine etc. More on that later...here's a few pics from today:

Attachments

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
You need to give Troy a big kiss for me , the starter on my jeep that he fixed ata the rally is still kicking like a new one! I did order the new brushes as he said! give him a big thanks for me!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You need to give Troy a big kiss for me , the starter on my jeep that he fixed ata the rally is still kicking like a new one! I did order the new brushes as he said! give him a big thanks for me!
I'll give Troy your profound thanks Tigger...maybe even a little hug....but the kissing will be left for you!!:shock:

By the way, are you talking about with tongues and spit and everything?? EEEEWWWWWWW!!!:doghead:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB, why not let Tigger give Troy the kiss himself. :?

zout

PB - that baby is looking sweet.
poppop - your paint bill would have been times 4 if the 37 was that big.

I am getting teased as I am hustling to get my grubby Northern CAMO hands on this baby100_4601.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Progress has slowed down due to mission requirements and funds (read funds to mean TAXED TO DEATH).

I will take a few pics of our progress this morning and post em tonight.:papabear:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK, both sides, front and back are pretty well done and ready for the final cleaning/priming then paint.

We are leaving the bottom hull area til last because the holes are handy to have while we sand/grind/wire brush the inside and work from the top down applying a quick primer coat as we go. When the inside is ready for paint we will weld in the hull patch panels then paint.

Right now it doesn't look like alot of progress but we've been busy elsewhere. Anyhoo, here's a few pics: /B]

Attachments

zout

WOAH BABY - I remember that 1959 space movie B rated that had a fella that wore that helmet - he was like from Venus or something100_4637.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks