• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dukw progress thread

Carlo

You've got the green color close and there should be a little yellow under the chin. As for the sand color it's way off.

Add more yellow to it and it should be close to the one in the video. I do like the yellow duck theme but....over time.....they all turn green.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7FrhhP6cyw
Hey Plow boy! Are you getting work with the snow this season? I had the plows on one time. I have put some salt down but not a good winter for us.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depending upon her history (if you know anything of that duwk's service history) I would vote for a "true" restoration.

In the absence of a known history, I'd suggest that you go with something befitting your display theme.... Green w/invasion markings if so appropriate, or to show that the Navy also operated some of them (a little known fact to some folks) then naval colors (and uniforms, equipment, etc.) would "float your boat."

Knowing your zest for "accuracy", I know you'll do the "right thing".

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd go Navy grey! The main reason they turned over training and operating DUKW's to the Army in mid 1942 was the Navy was short personnel. I have a WW2 Navy Chiefs uniform i'll send you if it becomes grey.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Man you guys are killing me.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DUWKS vs DUCKS

Just remember...

Ever since Alfred Hitchcock's classic suspense-thriller "THE BIRDS" people have been scared to death of FEATHERED PECKERS!!!

:doh:

BTW: You could always paint 'er PINK to match papabear's tutu:

pinksub.jpgpetticoat.jpgpetticoat3.jpg3470943518_f526eb34f3.jpg
(Photos courtesy of the movie: OPERATION PETTICOAT)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Man you guys are killing me.
OK...looks like she's gonna be OD. I just can't let my buddy clinto stroke out.

Yesterday at the compound we moved all the disassembled pieces of the WC3 into a 48' box trailer and opened up a 12X40 bay to put the DUKW in so we can play with her.
Also made the final decision on the engine. We will keep the original 270 in storage and use the 302 from one of my M211's as the power plant. We'll also use the gas tank from the M211 as it has been cleaned etc., that may take a little work...but what the heck...the other tank is shot-out.

Doc wants to have the DUKW at least "presentable" (even if we haul it) to display at the airshow 15-17 March...LOL....ambitious lil rascal ain't he??

On a side note...we are gonna need a special area set aside at the GA Rally this year designated as the "Petting Zoo" as we will have some MUTTS, A GammaGOAT, a couple MULES, a DUKW and of course my lil JD GATOR!! (Yes, I included BabyBear in with the MUTTS).
Hard telling what other kinda creature might show up!!

Attachments

ryan77

Any color other then OD would be considered a crime to me!! OD with D day markings is the way to go!!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK...looks like she's gonna be OD. I just can't let my buddy clinto stroke out.

Hard telling what other kinda creature might show up!!
Well let him get one and do what he wants with it!

Oh, I guess following that logic, I have to get one and paint it Navy if I want one gray... Dang logic, always screwing things up!

Yep, NO telling what critters will show to the GA rally...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks