• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dump truck suggestions...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Can you convert a m915A1 into a flat bed with a dump on it. I wanted to remove the fithe wheel and guide plates and put a 12 foot flatbed with a hydrolic dump on it. I would love to know that someone has already done this and if they are happy with the conversion.
Yes. It is pretty straight forward. No different than a 931 tractor being a dump truck. Would think a 929/930 dump bed would fit right on it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
has anybody actually done this to an m915a1 truck? Changed it to a flatbed with a dump on it?
Other than removing the trailer brake components from the deck and the fifth wheel , it shouldn't be any different then putting a dump bed on any cab/chassis . Find a sub-frame and hoist from a dump and add a deuce bed.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Pctrans has a cargo bed on his 915a1. If it gives you idea of what it would look like.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PCtrans 915 is a sweet truck, but it doesn't have a dump on the bed. I'd suggest a 925 or 817. I've grown to love the 929 series "creature comforts". But the 817 would be a workhorse. I've had a M51A2. Never even loaded it down, but it was a dog unloaded....