• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dump truck suggestions...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Can you convert a m915A1 into a flat bed with a dump on it. I wanted to remove the fithe wheel and guide plates and put a 12 foot flatbed with a hydrolic dump on it. I would love to know that someone has already done this and if they are happy with the conversion.
Yes. It is pretty straight forward. No different than a 931 tractor being a dump truck. Would think a 929/930 dump bed would fit right on it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
has anybody actually done this to an m915a1 truck? Changed it to a flatbed with a dump on it?
Other than removing the trailer brake components from the deck and the fifth wheel , it shouldn't be any different then putting a dump bed on any cab/chassis . Find a sub-frame and hoist from a dump and add a deuce bed.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Pctrans has a cargo bed on his 915a1. If it gives you idea of what it would look like.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PCtrans 915 is a sweet truck, but it doesn't have a dump on the bed. I'd suggest a 925 or 817. I've grown to love the 929 series "creature comforts". But the 817 would be a workhorse. I've had a M51A2. Never even loaded it down, but it was a dog unloaded....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks