• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

East Coast Convoy 2008

Bob-M151A2

I'm signed up already and looking forward to the convoy... will be hooking up with the Red Serial at the Paulsboro Exit on 295.

I have a Prick-77 that I can bring and a Ham radio license, so anyone with the Northern Serial that wants to have commo on their military radios, please let me know and I will bring my setup. The frequency is posted on the East Coast Convoy site:
http://www.eastcoastconvoy.com/

Bob-M151A2

Mangus580 and Amnon,

Thanks for getting the website up and running, but just a quick heads up regarding the website.

This morning I tried to order my Convoy T-shirt and filled out the order form. After I clicked "order shirt" at the bottom, I did not get a Paypal screen, but rather a screen that just said, "Thank You."

So, I'm not certain if this is what's supposed to be happening. I seem to remember that last year, upon ordering the T-shirt, you paid for it right then and there thru Paypal. I could be wrong, but I just figured I'd give you a heads up as to what is happening. Please lt us know how to handle the payment. TIA.

CGarbee

Bob-M151A2 said:
Mangus580 and Amnon,

Thanks for getting the website up and running, but just a quick heads up regarding the website.

This morning I tried to order my Convoy T-shirt and filled out the order form. After I clicked "order shirt" at the bottom, I did not get a Paypal screen, but rather a screen that just said, "Thank You."

So, I'm not certain if this is what's supposed to be happening. I seem to remember that last year, upon ordering the T-shirt, you paid for it right then and there thru Paypal. I could be wrong, but I just figured I'd give you a heads up as to what is happening. Please lt us know how to handle the payment. TIA.

That's a glitch, bug, problem... :(
Thanks for the head's up, I'll make sure that Amnon knows about that as he is handling that segment of the site...

It is supposed to go to the Paypal screen...

Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the M151 "gang"...
Cabell

Bob-M151A2

CGarbee said:
Bob-M151A2 said:
Mangus580 and Amnon,

That's a glitch, bug, problem... :(
Thanks for the head's up, I'll make sure that Amnon knows about that as he is handling that segment of the site...

It is supposed to go to the Paypal screen...

Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the M151 "gang"...
Cabell
Okay, thanks Cabell.

At your earliest convenience or as soon as you know it is fixed, please let us know, because I'm assuming we can't order the T-shirts from you until that page on the website works!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mike_Pop said:
As always...too little, too late.
Mike, we get it, you're not happy. Why don't put down the sour grapes and pitch in? You say you want to help, but all you have done is dissuade any new participants for 2008 through your complaints. It may not have been done to your exacting standards, but it is done. Plead your case for 2009 instead of belittling the 2008 ECC efforts.

Mike_Pop

Mike, we get it, you're not happy. Why don't put down the sour grapes and pitch in? You say you want to help, but all you have done is dissuade any new participants for 2008 through your complaints. It may not have been done to your exacting standards, but it is done. Plead your case for 2009 instead of belittling the 2008 ECC efforts.
Chris...

You need to chill out. You don't know what is going on behind the scenes so don't lecture me. I'm not the only one who is not happy. I just happen to be the only one bold enough to express it publicly. I've agreed not to post any more negative comments about how the convoy is being run so before you scold me like a little child, you should get your facts straight first and send me a PM or email. I'm more than happy to communicate with you or anyone else involved in the convoy.

Also, I've offered my help several times so don't assume that I am not pitching in. I don't think I have dissuaded any new participants but maybe I lit a fire under someone's butt to get things moving. It's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease and if I didn't complain, would things be getting done? I'm all for the convoy and seeing it go smoothly. It's a great event and well worth doing for any new participant.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mike_Pop said:
Chris...

You need to chill out. You don't know what is going on behind the scenes so don't lecture me. I'm not the only one who is not happy. I just happen to be the only one bold enough to express it publicly. I've agreed not to post any more negative comments about how the convoy is being run so before you scold me like a little child, you should get your facts straight first and send me a PM or email. I'm more than happy to communicate with you or anyone else involved in the convoy.

Also, I've offered my help several times so don't assume that I am not pitching in. I don't think I have dissuaded any new participants but maybe I lit a fire under someone's butt to get things moving. It's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease and if I didn't complain, would things be getting done? I'm all for the convoy and seeing it go smoothly. It's a great event and well worth doing for any new participant.
Mike, you have no idea how chill I am. I'm ice cold baby, frigid man. In fact, I am smiling, relaxed, and whistling a little ditty as I type this message. I don't think I scolded you. We're all grown-ups here, but if that's the way you want to see it, that's fine. I know you like to be bold and voice your opinion in public and that's fine. That's what these forums are for. Just don't be so shocked when someone with a different opinion than yours comes up with a retort. I don't know if you intended your comments to be perceived as angry and bitter, but that's the way they came across to me.

I am not surprised to see that there is some lack of enthusiasm for the ECC this year, bearing in mind the current cost of fuel. I know I am not looking forward to the fuel bill.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I'm going to start a new thread about signing up for the ECC shortly. This thread is getting a little long, and slightly off topic. Will post a lot of information about the ECC in the new thread, including current listed participants, routes, schedules, etc.

Bob-M151A2

maddawg308 said:
Okay, I'm going to start a new thread about signing up for the ECC shortly. This thread is getting a little long, and slightly off topic. Will post a lot of information about the ECC in the new thread, including current listed participants, routes, schedules, etc.
Hey Mike, don't forget about fixing the T-shirt signup form ASAP if you can. We need to get that going so we can order them! TIA

Pinz712

Hey Guys,
I have registered on the 2008 ECC web site but my name does not appear as a participant. I am definitely in and will want a t shirt even though I have no idea what that thing is.
Is that the flux capacitor on the Back to the Future Delorean? (Man I could use one of those.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks