• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

East Coast Convoy 2008

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: East Coast Convoy 2008

Since the cost of fuel is more that cocaine, I'll be staying put right here. I will be doing "Convoy Central" duties. I'll be staying in contact via phone with the serials and updating the Commander and website with locations and issues that arise.

Adamlee

Recovry4x4 said:
Since the cost of fuel is more that cocaine, I'll be staying put right here.
I wonder how the fuel prices are going to impact the convoy?

I am going to try my best to roll in with my deuce this year, but I will only be putting in about 100 miles. Haven't gone veggie or bio yet; it is certainly a plan in the works some day.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The costs of fuel, no doubt, are going to play a lot into the number of folks who show up, much more so than in recent years. I have an OD disease, and will be burning more fossil fuels this year much more so than in previous years, even if I have to put it "on the card".

Thanks, Cabell, for posting the convoy info - all your ideas sound good so far, please keep us updated as the Winter and Spring wears on....

Tanner

FWIW - Diesel is still cheaper per oz than a 20 bottle of Coca Cola - but trucks don't run on Coke, do they, so this comparison is no better than a wet flintlock...? :shock:

Jury is still deciding if I'll get to make the virgin run with ECC this year...

Tanner

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Cabell, I like the idea of the off-site BBQ at a park. It would be really nice to have a convoy over there, fire up the pig cooker, enjoy the cool grass and some shade, eat lots of pig and then ride back to SS base camp. If people get blocked in at the stadium, we can share rides. If folks want to consume large quantities of adult beverages, then they can ride with a DD.

Mike_Pop

You fellas are worried about the cost of diesel? Well, I've attended the convoy for the past five years. Two of my trips including flying from Nevada. This year I will be flying in again. If you want to do something bad enough, you will find a way to pay for it.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Amen, Mike. We all got our vices, and will do anything to fund them!

Cabell, will probably be coming down Wed. evening to Doswell, VA, staying overnight in a hotel there, in order to convoy up on Thursday morning with the group.

CGarbee

Yep, the Yellow (southern) Serial is pretty much running the same schedule as in the past... I'll be spending Wednesday night at the hotel in Doswell, eating at the Denny's. Hopefully, we'll have a handful of folks with us that night, and another joining us in the morning (and more along the way). .. :)

I've asked Chris (Steelsoldiers) to be our Yellow Serial Commander this year... :)

CCATLETT1984

I wont be attending this year, doing haspin and the GA rally. If you need any help coordinating or updating the site, let me know. I'm up till the wee hours of the morning most nights and can post up if anyone is having issues or is running late.

art

The Red Serial will be taking the same route & times as last year.
We will be starting at the VL rest area NJTP and meeting the Blue Serial from Canada (Captw1 & crew).

Red Serial so far:
Art -M35A2 2 1/2 Cargo
C'dub -900 Series Big Mother 5tn Cargo
Mike Pop (If we can pry him away from God's country out west)
Any one else and your name on the list.

Great time! [thumbzup]

Mike_Pop

Randy,

If you need someone to drive the M35, I might be able to do it. Unless I drive my civvy wagon down.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Guys try not to miss this for fuel reasons. People are driving all over Korea and from the current rate on the South Korean won it is almost $8.00 a gallon. It does make me want to make a hybrid when I retire though.

emr

Mike_Pop said:
Randy,

If you need someone to drive the M35, I might be able to do it. Unless I drive my civvy wagon down.
Thanks Mike... If i do take 2 its going the the no feul way and less wear and tear on the truck too, I do appreciate the thought though ! I may just take the deuce , im not really sure of anything execpt im going...Randy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks