• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Easter find M1008 2015

cucvrus

DSCF2207.jpgDSCF2208.jpgDSCF2209.jpgDSCF2210.jpgDSCF2211.jpgDSCF2212.jpgDSCF2213.jpgA few parting shots of my progress today. Not bad for a days work. I cleaned the 35' Chimney on the house. Blew 10 huge bags of leaves, cleaned my Cadillac, and still had time to clean the shop good. i have come to the conclusion that the spots are dust particle in the air when the flash goes off. But all in a days work. I have to hustle winter is not going to wait for me and I want the drive way free of the frame and steel horses. Not to mention the CUCV cargo bed on the old M101 frame that I keep moving from garage to garage. Next week I want to get the axles off the cab cart and the cab
back on it so I can shove the cab and cart back in the corner. I have the doors, fenders and hood all completely ready and the insides all painted. I failed to post them pictures. I am slipping. The cab floor is getting Line X ed

cucvrus

I new 2 GM CUCV M1008/M1028 rear brake drums. I know some guys do disc brake conversions. I want new. I have several used but I want to put new ones on. I will resort to Autozone drums if I need to. I have used them in the past and had no issues. I was needle scaling these today and after I was done with one it did not suit me. i need to get these axles completed. It may not be feasible to ship them. I think Autozone drums are less then $80. each. Thank you. I was incorrect. They are more expensive then I thought. I think the CUCV has the 3 1/2" brake shoes. I am not in my garage. I can check tomorrow after services. Have a great evening.

Fits Your Vehicle

IT FITS. This product is a fit for your: 1984 Chevrolet Truck K30 1 ton P/U 4WD 6.2L MFI Diesel OHV 8cyl

Part Number: 8849
Alternate Part Number: 8849C
Warranty: 2 years

Pick Up In Store:
Order in Store

Ship To Home:
In Stock
Est. Delivery: Nov 11-14

Price: $ 152.99
ADD TO CART

[h=5]Hot Deals & Savings
[/h]

FREE Shipping
On orders $75 or Greater and FREE Shipping to APO, FPO, DPO addresses. See Details

[h=5]Features & Benefits[/h] Duralast brake drums & rotors are precision engineered to meet or exceed OEM performance specifications. Cast to OEM design & SAE J431/G3000 metallurgical specifications. Designed for optimal stopping, longer life and greater resistance to warping.

• Vent rib count, size and pattern matches OEM specifications
  • Follows OEM specifications for iron plate thickness and air gap
  • Non-directional surface finish does not need to be turned prior to installation
  • Machine balanced to deliver smooth stopping

[h=5]Product Details[/h]
Part Number: 8849
Weight: 53.75lbs
Warranty: 2 years
Notes: 13 x 3 1/2" brakes
Single rear wheel
Center Bore Diameter (mm):116.8
Discard Inside Diameter (mm):332.485
Drum Construction:Solid
Inside Diameter (mm):330.2
Material:SAE G11H18 Gray Iron
Outside Diameter (mm):389
Overall Depth (mm):104
Package Contents:Brake Drum
Primary Bolt Pattern:6x135
Shipping Information: Overnight and Two Day shipping are not available for PO Box, APO/FPO/DPO or US Territory addresses.
This product may be shipped directly by the vendor to any eligible US addresses, excluding APO/FPO/DPO or

Last edited:

cucvrus

DSCF2214.jpgDSCF2217.jpgDSCF2216.jpgDSCF2215.jpgI worked on the front differential and went and picked up the rebuilt transmission and transfer case. I have had slow progress lately. i have a lot of projects opened up. I was working on my Cadillac and the only thing that is wrong with my Cadillac is the right rear shock is bad. I paid a Cadillac dealer to go over the car and check out the entire car. I had a "Service Ride Control" light come on. One shock absorber for this car is $1700. It is GM part number 22400526. I was sitting in the customer lounge when they came and told me. They said the are discontinued and they did find 2 and knew I would not want to put them on. The dealer that had them would sell them for $1500. each. I was like OK. I was happy with my check up bill and the car was given a clean bill of health. I wanted to share that with you. The shocks are electronic air shocks and it has the De Elegance suspension. Wow what a shock. Pun intended. I went on line and bought a set for $350. that are compatible and will reset the code on the computer. i plan on doing some traveling with the family and this car is the ticket. Have a great day. Tomorrow I want to have the front axle and springs on the frame. I do need to get all of the new steering linkage. Autozone has everything I need. Have a great day. Next week the rear axle will Trump.

cucvrus

DSCF2231.jpgDSCF2232.jpgDSCF2230.jpgDSCF2229.jpgDSCF2228.jpgDSCF2233.jpgDSCF2234.jpgToday I did some new spring installation on the frame. I have to wait till the new rear drums arrive to get the axles under the frame and attached to the new springs. These are the spring part numbers p[ictured if anyone is interested. The springs on front are 4 ply. I have been putting them on several trucks. They give the truck a nice ride and height. No need for anything higher if you want to keep it with the stock look. They do work great for snow plows and the stock reverse arch was always hitting the bump stops with the plow. They do not even drop an inch with a pro series 8 FT Fisher plow. I have all the spindle nuts in the parts washer cooking and the same goes for all the fasteners. I hope to keep moving along. I have been multi tasking on my different projects. Not every thing revolves around vehicles. i have other projects that need work and attention. Take care.

cucvrus

Bought 2 new brake drums from NAPA today. Autozone would NOT match the price. I paid $61.75 each for them. They are the 13" X 3 1/2" brake drums. The ones that are on the M1008 are fine but they are rusty and I am tired of cleaning rust from the exterior of the drums. New ones will look so nice. Happy Holidays. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoys their family's.indexgrinch smiling.jpg

cucvrus

Hello. I just was out in the garage and I wanted to look at the brake drum boxes to get the part number. They are from NAPA NOT the Autozone. They are made in China just like the Autozone. Best thing was the A C Delco's were made in China also. So hands down. Unless I want to get the original ones sand blasted I am going to have to settle for Chinese rear brake drums. I really don't care. i will paint them and install them and unless you read this thread you will be none the wiser. If they fit and they work like a brake drum and stop the truck I am on it and they are on the truck. I want to have a rolling frame this weekend. The rear axle needs to be painted and rebuilt. I must remain on task. The weather has changed quickly this year. Happy Holidays.imagesdog grinch.jpg

cucvrus

DSCF2252.jpgEaster find has a completely reassembled front axle Dana 60 that has all new brakes, calipers, tie rod ends and drag link. Ready to go back in as soon as the paint drys. Maybe Monday.DSCF2253.jpgNow onto the rear 14 bolt axle. DSCF2259.jpgDSCF2254.jpgDSCF2255.jpgDSCF2256.jpgDSCF2257.jpgDSCF2258.jpgThe old drums, studs removed. The best tool to remove and install the studs. I use a blunter end to reinstall. The rear all stripped out. I find it much easier to clean,paint and mount the new wheel cylinders and brakes with the backing plate off. DSCF2260.jpgA whole new meaning to inboard brakes. have a great day. Happy Holidays. rs_500x326-141217151556-TheGrinchCartoonhappy grinch.gif

cucvrus

DSCF2261.jpgDSCF2263.jpgToday I was involved in a lot of manual labor. Not really. My Son wanted to use a Bobcat to put the axle in. I wanted no part of that. very good way to get pinched. So I whispered a love sonnet and done everything with my youngest Son that has no mechanical experience at all. It took about 30 minutes to get in place with 2 floor jacks, A ratchet strap and a 6 ft pry bar. I should have laid a full sheet of 3/4" plywood down. But all is well. It is in place. All bolted up and torqued. IDSCF2262.jpg used the new 4 ply springs. Pictured is my next project a redesign of bumper brackets.

cucvrus

DSCF2299.jpgDSCF2298.jpgThese are the old fuel tank brackets. i am going to strip them and clean them up. i am going to buy new straps and reuse the main frame brackets after I clean and paint them. DSCF2292.jpgDSCF2293.jpgDSCF2294.jpgDSCF2295.jpgDSCF2296.jpgDSCF2297.jpgI stripped down the backing plates and will clean and paint them tomorrow. I bought all new hardware ,wheel cylinders, E brake cables and self adjusters. Tomorrow is another day.

cucvrus

DSCF2281.jpgDSCF2282.jpgDSCF2283.jpgDSCF2286.jpgDSCF2287.jpgToday I worked at the axles. i put the front one in and it was time to get out the rear one. I wire wheels sanded and washed the axle housing. I sprayed the axle housing with The Iron Guard Krylon paint. It covers well and dries quickly. It seems to hold up well. i have used it on several other projects. DSCF2290.jpgDSCF2289.jpgDSCF2288.jpgJust had a talk about this load sensing valve. I choose to retain them. Some one stopped the other day and wanted to buy one they are having issues with the brakes locking because the PO removed it. Happy Holidays. DSCF2285.jpgDSCF2284.jpgDSCF2285.jpgThe cab is still taped up and needs to be lightly sanded and edge painted. i think it may be getting to late in the season to do any finish edge painting.

cucvrus

DSCF2275.jpgDSCF2274.jpgDSCF2273.jpgDSCF2276.jpgDSCF2277.jpgDSCF2278.jpgDSCF2279.jpgDSCF2280.jpgA few of the tools that I have been using. the wire wheels last about an hour and The gloves last about a week. Most of the wear on the gloves comes from torching and grinding. They sure save the hands. This time of year the compressed air is below freezing and the tools build up ice at times. That is strange in a 70 degree shop. But the compressor is outside. I wore out 2 of the regular wire wheels and partially wore away the knotted wire wheel. The Rolok does not like the heavy rust. They last about 2 minutes. But they are awesome for removing gaskets and polishing surfaces. Happy Holidays.

cucvrus

Going out to work. This is my last day of vacation. i spent 3 days cleaning out a garage bay that was full of misc parts. I found many things that I don't know what they are. Many things that I didn't know I had. Many things I am sure I will never need. And many things that went out on the scrap pile. i think the one box was full of warranty items that had been removed and were just scrapped. But it all worked out. We had 3 days of rain and I needed to get this area cleaned out. If only I could get my barn cleaned up. I have more time off coming in between the holidays. I will get right on it. Maybe. i will post progress report pictures today after 5PM EST.

cucvrus

Its common that these Blazer or Jimmy filler neck covers took alot of abuse and need to be replaced when doing a restoration. If yours is rusted or dented its a good idea to replace it with a reproduction that was made to the original mold for proper function and easy installation. These are sold without the seal so remember to purchase them together. We do urge customers to replace the gas tank neck cover for vehicle and personal safety
25%

Details
Part#19471
Weight3.00 lbs
Market price:$59.95
Our price:$44.95
Not for the Easter find but I was looking for some parts and came across these. Good to know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks