• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ending prices not shown on GL

USMilitarySurplus

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Ending prices no

clinto said:
I mean, how does this benefit you scumbags?.... It's bad enough GL breaks multiple laws in multiple states and they never get called on it.
First of all, clinto, I'm not a scumbag. And I don't think a gentleman would resort to name calling. Secondly, we are not, as you say, breaking 'multiple laws in multiple states.' Perhaps you're just upset and if you need to vent on the forum, I certainly understand that. But blanket statements and generalities are not very useful tools for resolving issues. If you have a specific inquiry, feel free to contact me with the details.

deuceman51 said:
What makes me mad is how we are charged for an SF-97 when GSA gives them to you with the vehicle. That seems illegal to me because that is important government documentation that is being withheld from us... And I can't even count how many times I have seen the exact same vehicle being resold on GL. Since it is an auction, they should sell for what people want to bid, GL should not be able to decide that they didn't get enough for it and then try and resell the vehicle.
deuceman51: Not to state the obvious, but we're not the GSA. Titling paperwork is not being withheld from anyone. If a customer would like the paperwork, all they have to do is ask [granted it's taking longer than normal right now to get it to them].

And as for trucks being relisted on the website, we talked about this in another thread. Whenever items don't sell, for example, or someone defaults or their EUC doesn't clear, the items are reposted to the website. An item rarely goes for the same amount or more when it's reposted because bidders generally see it's up for auction again and think that something must be wrong with it. So it's better for the items to sell the first time around. Here's a link to the thread: http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=21394&postdays=0&postorder=asc

oifvet said:
How many, and under what circumstances, would anyone NOT need an SF97 on a vehicle or trailer that requires a title and license plates for private or corporate ownership? It seems to me that every vehicle and trailer sale is netting GL an extra $60.00 over-and-above their, "fee."
oifvet: I inquired about this and a lot of the vehicles sold through our website are not titled. Military vehicle enthusiasts, like yourself, of course would want to title and drive their vehicle. The $60 is a processing fee, not a way to net more income. There are numerous threads discussing this here on the forum.

colomil said:
I have a few questions for the GL folks who are listening. Over the past 6 years that I have been buying stuff from you guys, the customer service has gotten worse and the costs have gone up. I also see stuff show up on an EUC auction and the same type of item sold with no EUC. (I bought a m1010 without EUC, and I bought a scrap M1009 that required an EUC). Don't even get me started on the SF97 fiasco.

GL please answer this:
1) Why won't you show winning bid amounts for closed EUC auctions?
2) Why wont you keep auction results (with photos) active for more than 24hrs? (and don't tell me anything about server space, I am a software engineer so I know this is not the real reason)
3) Why is the past auction results set up to only show event ID? Couldn't you at least show the date the auction closed as well?
4) Why are some items in EUC yet other are not (even items with the same stock number like 2320011232665)?
5) Why is there no mechanism to update credit card info other than by actually bidding?
6) Why can't you offer SF97's on all items that would get a title in the civilian world without charging $60? This is like a car dealership charging you extra for a title.
colomil: Actually [and I'm going to get attacked for this but it's true] the customer service has gotten better. We have more reps now than we've ever had. They receive training on a regular basis and utilize new tools to help them better answer customer questions. That whole dept has been under new management, so it's only going to get better.

We, GL, do not decide which items require an EUC and which do not. We know how silly it can be. In fact, I've heard that some items requiring an EUC can be bought at Radio Shack. Whenever you run across examples, please send me the sale and lot numbers or send an email to info at govliquidation dot com.

In response to questions 1-2, like I said before, we are not posting final bid prices for BQ items at this time. As soon as they're up again, I'll be sure to let you know.
Question 3: great idea.
Question 4: see above.
Question 5: what easier way is there to update credit card info than when you're placing a bid? If you have another idea, please let me know.
Question 6: it's EXACTLY like a car dealership, which we are, charging an admin fee for processing titling paperwork, which is what we're doing.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Ending price

Robyn, any idea why I can't get email answered at info@govliquidation.com ? Perhaps I struck a chord with them? Ignoring customer emails at an info email address doesn't seem much like good customer service. Am I wrong to expect a response?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Ending price

I gotta give ya credit, you are answering professionally and patiently I might add. The process just sucks. Glad I only buy parts from your company, I don't need any grey hair!

FreightTrain

Banned
emmado22 said:
And I can't even count how many times I have seen the exact same vehicle being resold on GL. Since it is an auction, they should sell for what people want to bid, GL should not be able to decide that they didn't get enough for it and then try and resell the vehicle
Show me ONE documented instance of this happening... With all the stuff we (collectively on SS) bid on and win, NOT ONE person has complained of this happening to them... I think the real reason is non paying bidders, and those who cant get EUC's to go thru...
Uhhh,Ok.....how in he heck are we to get documented instances when they hide the past auctions after a day and now totally hiding the end bid results instantly.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He is claiming that after an auction ends, GL decides that the auction didnt go high enough, and GL doesnt release the truck to the winner, and they run another auction.... Has this happened to anyone?

What he is getting confused with is trucks that get relisted due to non paying bidders and EUC's that dont get approved. Yes, that happens frequently, and that topic has had a whole thread devoted to it in the past.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was just another auction last week in which four M35A3s went up at WPAFB in Dayton. I was standing there looking at them talking to Brian and asked about them. He said the guy who bid on them, won and then defaulted on all four of them. I have only been bidding since Jan of 2008 and have basically had nothing but good experiences with GL. ANY time I have had problems they have all been because I made a mistake somewhere.

It is perfectly acceptable to me for a company to charge for a service. $60 seem reasonable to me. If GSA gives them away free that's fine as well but remember what the G stands for and you have already paid through the nose for that SF97.

Robyn, that was a great and professional response.

steve

1310monster

I side mostly with those who are complaining. The auction that closed Thursday had several 900 series at Montgomery that I had watched previously. I had even asked the forum here questions about them before I even bid on them. One of them, I remember bidding over $8,000 on and that same truck, this go around was around the $4,000 range with just a few minutes left. I didn't even bid this go around because so much displeasure has been surfacing about GL. So, if GL is shill bidding them up, and I'm not saying they are (though it is impossible for anyone, even GL, to prove they are or are not), they are learning their lesson. With the economic problems here in the US changing eveyday...mostly for the worse...they had better think twice if they are running bids up. Equipment that can't be exported has to be sold here and GL is cutting it's own throat by ticking of US buyers by constantly doing little things like not posting final bids, charging for 97's, taking forever on the 97's etc. etc. It's like they think these problems won't affect them because the buyers will do what they want. Also, how does GL actually own these vehicles in the first place? They might have the rights to dispose of the property but how is it legal for them to say what they will give for any piece of equipment without some sort of competitive process. Oh, I guess for all we know they could set some ridiculous price with drmo, like $250 each for M35's, $500 for this trailer, $250 for that trailer etc. How can this be legal? It would be better for them to claim that the money they make is the 10% premium than to actually claim they own the trucks. I don't think flooding their email will help any. Maybe the best thing to do would be to start making calls to the state representatives.

surpdlr

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Ending prices no

USMilitarySurplus said:
oifvet said:
How many, and under what circumstances, would anyone NOT need an SF97 on a vehicle or trailer that requires a title and license plates for private or corporate ownership? It seems to me that every vehicle and trailer sale is netting GL an extra $60.00 over-and-above their, "fee."
oifvet: I inquired about this and a lot of the vehicles sold through our website are not titled. Military vehicle enthusiasts, like yourself, of course would want to title and drive their vehicle. The $60 is a processing fee, not a way to net more income. There are numerous threads discussing this here on the forum.
If it has a VIN# it needs a certificate of title, end of discussion.

DRMS understood that, and had no problem issuing form 97's for NO fee when they sold a vehicle. The only exception to this was when they sold vehicles listed as “scrap” and therefore felt they did not need a form 97. I don’t know of anybody in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania that pushed the issue, but that would be illegal!!! Here if there is a VIN# you better have a title or a form 97 to prove ownership, or it is considered a stolen vehicle. It’s that simple. Heck I got a title at DRMO Aberdeen for a M274 mule one time, and I didn’t even have to ask, it was waiting with my contract when I went to pay!!!

Some big dealers didn’t care about the form 97 back in the DRMO days, because it listed the purchase price and they did not want the customer to see that, so they used a title service. It may still be going on, as it costs more but is less hassle than dealing with GL. Be assured USMilitarySurplus, you are the only one out there that thinks vehicles do not need a title or form 97, just as you are the only one who thinks your customers should pay extra to receive the same!!! To me it is just another sign of poor customer service that you think you need to charge a junk fee so your customers can prove legal ownership of a motor vehicle they purchased from you!!

Man do I miss the Good Government service!!!!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1310... It is clearly spelled out in the attached documents how the property is "owned" and the $$$ end of it all, including who gets what checks for how much when the day is over. http://www.drms.dla.mil/sales/

Hope you have some time to go thru it all, but it is all in there... Along with ALOT of other info that most people think "It's GL being the putz" with regard to a bunch of issues but it's really Uncle Sam.

If people took the time to READ the contract, they would find out they really need to be upset with Uncle, not GL.. Uncle wrote the contract.... Im not saying GL is perfect, and they do have their own problems that need to be fixed, but alot of it is shoved down thier throat... One interesting section of it is what happens is GL sends a buyer a "we need it back" letter, and you dont respond to it... It's NOT the GL police that come knocking on the door, it's someone else...

I urge you all to go read the contract then you might figure some things out.

FreightTrain

Banned
You have got to be on the payroll cause you sure do kiss GLs rump constantly!!!!What they are doing is Illegal flat out.With the prices of scrap,some states have required even scrap vehicles have a title to curb people stealing them and just having them crushed.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, Im dont work for them. I have repeatedly told people to vote with their dollars and shop elsewhere, and DONT support GL. Support the old time MV dealers. No wait times for SF-97's, no suprises with anything, etc... I think alot of GL's policies and practices, especially in the customer service dept need alot of improvement, and some flat out suck.

If you take the time to READ the contract, you'll see WHOEVER got the contract is now subject to Uncle Sam's wants and desires even more so than in the past.

If you dont like GL, why didnt YOU bid on the contract and fix everything???

If GL is doing something illegal, call your state attorney's office, DMV, or whoever else you think may listen and take GL to the mat. I hope someone does. Some members here have tried, and didnt get anywhere. Maybe they need to try harder.

Either do something, or stop complaining.

area52

$60 fee

Robyn,

I have said this before on other threads. I will repeat it here in this one.

If I were to buy a used vehicle from any dealer in any state in the USA, they can charge me $xxx money to transfer the title to my name. I can and have declined this fee and had the dealer sign the title and I can go to the DMV and do the title transfer and registration myself.
it is a law in every state that every vehicle sold comes with a title. Dealers do not charge extra for just the title.

You state the $60 fee is normal admin fee. However GL does not do any title transfer to my name at all, they just make out the paper work that should all ready be available. If GL were to send me a title in my name then I can see paying the $60 fee. My first GL deuce win, that is exactly what I got with no extra fee. If I am to pay an extra $60 then I should get a title in my name, not a form that lets me pay more for a title.

thank you for your time and patience.

Wade

colomil

RE: $60 fee

Robyn,
Thanks for responding to the questions I posted. Since GL claims that the SF97 fee is similar to what a licensed dealer would do for its title fee, why don't you offer the exact services a dealer would offer (60-day temporary registration, more complete title paperwork, etc...)? If I have to buy from a dealer, I get stuck with sales tax, dealer handling fees, and possibly some title paperwork fees, HOWEVER, I get a paper temp tag slapped on the back of the vehicle and I can drive off totaly legal which gives me 60 days to deal with the title paperwork. Another HUGE difference between GL and a dealer is that a dealer has business hours that are far more convienient for customers (later in the evening, weekends, etc..). If GL can find a way to be open on saturdays for screening/loadout, I think every member in this forum would finaly praise GL! I think you could even get away with a charging a fee for saturday screenings/loadout. I would happily pay an extra $50 to be able to loadout on saturday.

This would set GL above GSA auctions...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

colomil, what you are referring to good customer service. If history is a good teacher I would say that the chances of that happening are pretty slim basing it on all the previous customer service experiences. I'd hope that they would work towards that but if anything, they have worked away from it. Remember this, the SF97 is a government document. DRMS is not charging GL for this document. If GL has volunteered to prepare said document, then it was them that volunteered and should absorb that cost. The greatest token of customer service they could provide is not offering vehicles until the SF97 is ready. The problem with this is that they would have to rely on their staff to get the paperwork right and that would cost them. I'd bet 9 out of 10 folks here would gladly pay the $60 if the paperwork was ready when they picked up the truck. Makes sense but the folks at GL prefer to string you out for 1/2 a year. If any other dealership did this, they would lose their license. You can't even submit SF97 paperwork until you've picked up the truck. Robyn, no offense to you, I know you are caught in the middle between us, the customer, and your administration and if you present too much grief on our behalf, they will can you. They've done that to every previous person that was pro-customer. It's just sad to see a company treat their customers so poorly just because there is no place else to buy. This is why a free market is so important, remember this when you vote in Nov. Free Market vs Income Redistribution. Hmmmm?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter

The $60 is a processing fee, not a way to net more income.
I know Robyn doesn't make the rules and is just a messenger.
but BS is BS plain and simple!
the 10% buyers premium should cover all aspects of the sale like all other auction houses.
No matter how you color it it is just a money grab fo $60

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter

After having read the contract that was awarded in June, and ALL the questions and answers that were posted about the contract on the DRMS site, I think the reason GL stopped posting the results of the B&Q sales was it was giving too much competitive information out to the other possible (probable) bidders for the contract. Remember, DRMO did list how much by dollar volume they requested back in each FSC category for the most current three years - i downloaded the spreadsheet and looked at it. Some of the dollar numbers were amazing! Totaling up the B&Q results lists (very easy if you download in spreadsheet format) gives another bidder an idea of the sales volume and potential gross profit. Expenses could be figured by each bidder, but revenue and gross profit are 'unknowns', especially if the B&Q sales figures are not available. Simple business decision, made far above Robyn's level.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Dang Mike, that sounds plausible as heck. Greedy bastages, don't give a hoot about us, just working towards lining their pockets.

colomil

DRMS just needs to hand the whole thing over to GSA. GSAauctions.gov is a decent system and there are no greedy bastard middlemen. SF97s come straight to the bidder without a $60 fee. The bid results are posted, searchable and the the pics stay up for quite some time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks