• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine oil centrifuge on an M35A2 multifuel

oddshot

I wonder if the Deuce FUEL systems generate enough pressure to power one. That would be interesting for folks running WMO/WVO. Time to start doing some research.

oddshot

I have a couple questions for the OP ...

Will you be using this as a suppliment to your oil filters ... or to replace them?

How will this installation impact oil pressure build-up times at startup?

dmetalmiki

My russian truck KRAZ 255B had a centrifuge filtering system fitted, and they are standard on those trucks. they sound quite effective when you switch off and walk away and (people) standing near hear the centrifuge winding down from high speed. It takes a while.

I hope yall enjoy the info as I post it up,sorry Rob I am not sure if 10 psi will be enough to spin it efficiently I was stating peoples concerns on losing oil pressure from using a centrifuge TMs say at idle 10psi oil pressure is acceptable in a multi. I ll try to get more specs.

PAB

The oil centrifuge is powered by oil pressure. The unit will run at above 26psi. All centrifuges have cutoff valves installed. A Cut Off Valve (COV) is provided in the centrifuge to prevent oil starvation to the engine. The COV ratings are 26 PSI to 36 PSI depending on engine and application. Thus if COV is set to 26 PSI it means that oil will enter centrifuge only if oil pressure exceeds 26 PSI. At pressures less than 26 PSI all the oil will be available to the engine for lubrication thus preventing oil starvation.
The operating range is 26 PSI to 101 PSI. However for effective operation higher rpm will result in higher operating pressure leading to more centrifugal force.
There is a very minute oil pressure drop not exceeding 2.9 PSI. The pressure in the system is maintained due to the restriction caused by the nozzle diameter and additionally the centrifuge uses only 8% to 10% capacity of the lube oil pump capacity. Usually lube oil pumps on larger diesel engines have a 10% surplus flow capacity to engine requirement. It is this surplus volume taken by the centrifuge.

The centrifuge will not remove any additives from the oil. The Centrifuge will remove only suspended particles in the oil and not any dissolved particles. Mobil oil has made a statement stating that “oil additives are not removed by centrifuge”.
The criteria is to source oil at max pressure and temperature. Source from a suitable location after lube pump, on main filter head assembly or on oil cooler assembly.
The oil must be returned back to the oil sump at a point above the oil level to avoid back pressure and flooding in rotor chamber.
The centrifuge filter is installed in bypass circuit, parallel to the main oil filters. The main oil filters (fullflow filters) address 100% of the oil at any given time. The oil outlet of the main filters is directed to the various engine components whereas the centrifuge will address only 8% to 10% at any given time and will return the oil back under gravity to the oil sump. Over a period of time the oil sump will get purified.

PAB

Sorry, this probably should of been my first post. We operate 2 sites, www.centrifugeoilfiltration.com which deals with engine mounted centrifuges and builds centrifuge filtration units for industrial use- www.pabiodieselsupply.com deals with alternative fuels use. We operate our 2001 vw beetle and our 1994 dodge cummins truck both on straight veg oil ( both vehicles have greasecar conversion kits) and also on waste motor oil blends.

Centrifuges have 3 types of return systems:

1. Gravity return which all centrifuges used prior to I believe the late 70's or early 80's when Spinner II came out with the level control base.

2. Spinner II level control base, which take air pressure to return oil in a 3/8" or smaller line. Gravity flow units use 3/4" hose or larger depending on the centrifuge model. Also finding a 3/8" port for return is alot easier.

3. Diaphram pump which is used to pressurize the return line. An extra 12 volt pump is needed. We will be offering this model also in the near future.

rustystud

Ok guys I have been researching bypass engine oil centrifuges for the last few months.I wanted to do a write up on it to remove some of the mystery behind a simple part and hopefully save you guys some money. I finally purchased one from PAbiodiesel supply. I purchased the 65GPH model I just could not justifiably spend almost a 1000 dollars on the Spinner II. The only difference between the two is the drain back is air forced on the Spinner II and PABs is gravity drain back and less parts. I will be using the oil sample port to feed the centrifuge and either the valve cover or breather tube or turbo drain as possible drainback locations.This install should cost 200$ or less You will need to fab a drain back and a mount possibly .Heres a link to my first youtube video and first series. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkJsqqZMHNw
How did you fabricate a mount, and a drain-back ?

zout

Puradyn Oil Filtration System - check out their web site - run your trucks out to 70,000 mile oil change or more intervals

Ok I wanted to update the install status for all of you. I have the centrifuge installed and working I have a video also.I am sorry its taken awhile with the weather and waiting also on PAB before putting it public,on a side note I was in ICU for a few days almost died from diabetes I had been sick for along time and didnt know I had it. I will put the video public ASAP if it will help the site.

w3azel

Im very excited to see this install. Doing a filter swap soon, two birds one stone. My truck will be my daily driver so I'm going to be putting about 10k miles a year.

I will be powder coating the centrifuge OD green and dressing everything when I install my LDS I used 1" fittings,but would like to change the centrifuge side to 3/4" because the 3/4" floor plate bolt pattern is identical and only need to make the holes alittle bigger. I could not find any 1" or 3/4" oil hose here locally or the fittings I really wanted I will try to find a source might try to make a kit.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok I wanted to update the install status for all of you. I have the centrifuge installed and working I have a video also.I am sorry its taken awhile with the weather and waiting also on PAB before putting it public,on a side note I was in ICU for a few days almost died from diabetes I had been sick for along time and didnt know I had it. I will put the video public ASAP if it will help the site.
Sorry to hear that, hope you're doing much better now.

Increasing Deuce oil pressure

Ok I found a post on a to turn your oil pressure up so to speak I need more oil pressure for my centrifuge no other reasons or issues searched but no luck just the 1 post.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks