• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine oil centrifuge on an M35A2 multifuel

No loss in pressure Tom the centrifuge doesn't affect it at all I was mearly stating a tm fact to another member I lose no pressure from the centrifuge at all it wouldn't work at 10 psi because of the plunger it needs almost 30psi to open the plunger it donsnt cause pressure loss I just want more is all.

JasonS

Note that the oil relief valves dumps excess pressure into the pan. Even if you were able to access oil upstream from the oil relief on the side of the block, it would still be limited by the relief valve setpoint (40 psi). I am assuming that the LDT465 et al has the same setpoint. You would have to change this setpoint to gain higher oil system pressure. Find a copy (free pdf) of TM9-2815-204-35 which has a nice description of the multi (the best one that I've seen) and it should help explain how the oil system works. Given that nobody appears to have done this before means you may have some trial and error ahead of you.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No pics or diagrams, you will need to engineer and manufacture what I suggested.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
you are never going to get the pressures you say you need, the pump just is not large enough. that is why that type of filter is sized to the engine not the other way around as you are doing.

rolling18

I think your wasting your time and money(just my opinion).
haha, thats what some people told me when I bought/ modded my Mil. truck! were they right? maybe, maybe not but I enjoy the process:naner:

I would like a similar system but for use in FUEL line for WMO.:shock:

New Ideas, methods, mods, products ect. should always be encouraged. Many times better way of doing things are uncovered in the process, even if the end result as a whole is less than expected.:neutral:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks