• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC End User Certificate

Starlight

And here I thought my "Hurry up and wait" days ended in the military. So be it. No biggy. Whatever happens, happens at this point. Thanks for all the help on this. I'll keep you posted when and if she (m1009) arrives, T

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bozor1000 said:
doghead said:
As for problems, it does not matter if you are a first timer or repeat customer. After your first EUC, the wait is usually not as long but that is not always the case.
If you have low or no expectations, GL buying is not a bad experience. This is why there are so many posts on this subject.
It is not that bad. Just the waiting period is the thing that takes the longest.
It is that bad, when you fill out an EUC exactly the same as your last one that was approved and they request revisions it is bad. When you email a picture of your drivers licence and they lose your email after getting it, it is bad. When you call for the 1st-5th time to revise and the person you have been dealing with is no longer employed there and you need to start over because nobody can find your application, it is bad. I could go on but you should be able to get the point by now. If you don't, you will get along just fine with GL.

ryan1981

this is the second truck off of G.L., but the first euc i had to do,(other truck, no titling) won the auction on feb.28 and still awaiting revisions from cus.tomer, though haven't heard from them since 3/05/2008.I have documented every call and thus far this make 8 calls long distance to AZ and they keep saying that the lady in euc will send you something tomorrow?!! i will stay on hold as long as it takes as i was hoping to get the truck before my wife goes into labor and get the 6" lift in and the 37" tires on, but she is due april 16th so i don't think that is going to happen!

dilvoy

Latley, it's taken just under two weeks for the EUC to be listed on the GL website as approved, after they have recieved it from me and six weeks to get the form 97 from GL, for which the form can't be sent to GL until after the vehicle is removed from their site.

Starlight

Wow, at this point it looks like the baby will be here before the truck ! I would imagine this will bring sales down the more difficult they make it to offload this old surplus stuff. Good luck with all of you waiting. I called yesterday and was put on hold so long I hung up. Tried the email instead, T

Bozor1000

dilvoy said:
Latley, it's taken just under two weeks for the EUC to be listed on the GL website as approved, after they have recieved it from me and six weeks to get the form 97 from GL, for which the form can't be sent to GL until after the vehicle is removed from their site.
Well I hope that it takes that short of time to get my approved. I just need to get the truck as soon as possible because I start my new job soon and I don't want to ask for the time off so that I can go and pick it up. They don't have pick up on the weekends.

saddamsnightmare

March 12th, 2008.

Geez, I just won a M105 trailer up in Norman,OK, this afternoon, first item from GL, I have all the paperwork ready, just awaiting notification at midnight as to what the final price is, etc,etc,etc...... Now the only questions is when they say go get it, will "Saddam's Nightmare", my M35A2 which came from "Bulldog Mack 13" in October 2007, decide to co-operate and do the 420 mile round trip. I figure that the minimum should be oild change, filter change, check axle, transmission and transfer oils, then try to figure out what the M105's going to need to make the 210 mile trip back on own wheels.
No doubt the Oklahoma NG guy's gonna love having an M35A2 in 686A tan and marked III 3/3 CAV L50 roll in his facility gate. The wife's going to be thrilled with one more antique MV around the place, heck, I haven't even thought through what I bought it for (time to come up with plans A,B,C.....), maybe to save the deuce's bed when hauling gravel? I guess I better get that registration changed from plate to bumper markings darned quick......

MORE OLD IRON!!!!
Here we go again, another terminal disease.....

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan.
1963 Swiss Army Mercedes Benz Unimog S404.114 Cargo
1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Vietnam And Desert Storm Deuce Veteran Truck 686A TAn
???? M105A2 1-1/2 Ton Cargo Trailer, age & maker unknown, 4 color woodland carmo (talk about a color clash!!!!)
:drool:

dilvoy

The time lag for the form 97 is because GL actually pays something for the stuff they sell for the gov and then also share in the sale price too. GL was actually breaking the law in most states by selling enough cars, that they were required to become a car dealer. The form 97 now comes with additional paperwork. The form 97 for last Blazer that I bought has a price of $82.51. This is the price that GL paid to the gov for the vehicle. Then ofcourse they will share in the final sale price that I bought it for, with the gov.

Bozor1000

So they are making a huge profit off of these trucks that we buy from them! I should start my own service of selling trucks for the government. LOL Yeah I am still waiting onmy paperwork to get cleared.

ida34

Even though the paperwork makes it look like the government only got a fraction of the price that is not how it really works. There is a post about it with calculations but I am pretty sure the $82 figure is what GL makes plus the 10% and the money they charge for the SF-97. Do a search and you will find out the true answer. The paperwork is deceiving.

hippiedude

gocmndo said:
hippiedude said:
My 1st. EUC 22days... :shock: I was hoping for 45 days .....Tim
You're killin' me. :cry:
Were I have to go it is like -30 at night , makes mornings ......well BRRRRRRRR !!!!! What the heck is collected......they have taken my money butt I have no payed invoice ????? :evil:

Bozor1000

They just sent mine to Battle Creek. So hopefully soon that it will be coming home. I need to let my friend know that it is almost ready for pick up.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
EO2NMCB said:
How long does it take for the GL web site to update? Faxed it in 10 days ago, site still shows submission pending.
I'd call them to make sure they got it. If it goes past 14 days and they haven't got your EUC they can take the item from you and resell it plus charge you a default fee.
The bad thing about GL is they expect you to "hurry up" on your end but they take as long as they want once the ball is in their court.

gocmndo

Got my EUC and "PAID" invoice this week!
Bought the truck December 19th and will pick it up March 19th.
Delayed gratification is not all it is cracked up to be.

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Taking Longer and Longer

My EUC's in the past were 1-2 weeks. Now, just to get it submitted to the Govt. is 3-4 weeks plus the time Battle Creek takes. My last EUC was rejected because my drivers license shows "Springs" as my road name in the address and my credit card shows "Spring". My house number and everything is the same as the last 20 EUC's and no one said anything. I was told I had to write a letter and explain the difference but just used another card. How do I know why? With all the recalls and problems, I believe GL's days are numbered.

Bozor1000

RE: Taking Longer and Longer

rboltz-How long did it take to get back from Battle Creek? Mine was updated this past week to "sent to Battle Creek". I just want to make sure I have the money in my account on my check card. Steve

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No Reply Yet

I have not heard about it as of today. Lately, it takes from 2 weeks to 6 months. Not much help but thats the truth of the matter. Several EUC's ago, I even forgot about it as it was so long. At one time, after your first check out, it was days from sale to pickup. No more, at lleast from this buyer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks