• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

expensive lights

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I liked the LED headlights so much when I got a free set w/buckets from my Trucklite rep,when they first came out I gave them to PB. I do not know if he put them on anything yet either. Good ole 24v headlights work fine for me. Besides I have the 4 overhead Trucklite led floodlights to brighten things up a bit if need be.
I still have them Brother. They will be on the M185A3 "Hooch Camper" when she rolls into the GA Rally this year.

Ya know I don't like rushing into things...:popcorn:

m816

I heard that they are no good in snow cause they don't heat up and melt it as you run down the road. Is that true? If that is so, I would avoid them and just add a set of aux lights. My trucks are just for summer use now. I like to keep them under cover during the harsh winter months. Then again, I'm officially old so I don't have a reason to run around in snow storms and hurricanes any more.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have used them in the winter with snow, they melted it just fine. That was a normal snow though. You can get a blizzard and have the white stuff stack up on regular bulbs too.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been in the hobby 7 years and have replaced 8 normal bulbs, and there are two more in the M37 that need replaced, and low beam in the M109 went out on the ride home. So that will put my replacement up to 11. I got two sets fairly cheaply, and I put one in the M818. WOW what a difference! I had to use it to haul a load of WVO the other night, I was highly impressed and really liked them. I especially like how the low beam stays on when you have the highbeams on, really helps with the closer objects when your headlights are 5ft off the ground!

I agree they aren't worth $300 each to me, but if I find them under a certain $$, I will buy all I can.

I totally LED my semi trailers for safety and ease of maintenance, also the lower current draw.

The Jet

I bought these on ebay $34. I also found 24v h4 bulbs for them for $3. I had a set of leds on my 818. They look really cool but i didnt see any advantage to the light. Just a different colorImageUploadedByTapatalk1340040792.044945.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks