• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extended Cab Deuce (photos)

CycleJay

No offense,

But it simply does not look anything even remotely resembling a deuce anymore.
I do have to admit though, it looks pretty cool anyway. Good job.

Perhaps you should inform the music group ZZTop, then maybe they would want to
use it in their next music video, that is if they still do any..

Good luck and God bless you,

CJ

TOXIC

Deloit, check the 3 picture albums that Toxic has listed in his profile. He has pictures of the steps down. Other construction pics there too!

Love this truck! So, what did you snag the intake from?
Thanks, Intake is from a Mack, It is mounted behind the cab, and sticks out over the roof, usually found on cab over , garbage trucks.. I will try and get the part #..

Attachments

wardepartment

Great job, I too shall utilize the term "MV Art". I also admire the compliments from some of the 'purists' who do not generally approve of such efforts. Your labor has been fruitful, you had better get to the patent office. I think I hear the sound of infringement among the ranks!

MRAP DREAM GIRL

First, I know I am fairly new to this site and a girl, but your truck is awesome! Gives me hot flashes for sure :D Your craftsmanship is exquisite and she is definitely a standard setter.

Second, I wondered if it would be alright to inquire as to the source and part numbers for the shifter boots you used. They look as though they were installed from the factory. Things up here in the PNW have been a bit cold lately and although my heater works good when my truck is sitting still, once rolling the air around the shifters flows quite freely.

Being cold natured it makes the adventure of driving a little challenging.

Again your truck rocks!!!!

Jeepjake

Well done Toxic, you put a lot of sweat into this truck, it really shows, excellent attention to detail! I really like your front and rear bumpers, they really look great.

cheers
Jeep

TOXIC

I can attest this a very nicely built and stout truck, the suspension and engineering on it farr exceeds anything the military ever dreamed up, I hope he brings it to the Gilbert rally next year, he'll need slobber/drool buckets on hand for sure.
Thanks Again for the ride Toxic, the tires and rims worked perfectly on my bobber!!!!

Hey Coal Cracker, Thanks for picking up the Wheels & Tires, Glad they could work out for you.. Also, Thanks for the reply !! How is you project coming ??
I will try and make a couple of local shows..

TOXIC

First, I know I am fairly new to this site and a girl, but your truck is awesome! Gives me hot flashes for sure :D Your craftsmanship is exquisite and she is definitely a standard setter.

Second, I wondered if it would be alright to inquire as to the source and part numbers for the shifter boots you used. They look as though they were installed from the factory. Things up here in the PNW have been a bit cold lately and although my heater works good when my truck is sitting still, once rolling the air around the shifters flows quite freely.

Being cold natured it makes the adventure of driving a little challenging.

Again your truck rocks!!!!

Thanks for the call, The Trans Shifter Boot I purchased on flebay, It was from an old Chrysler product W/4 speed.. I am sure, just about any large boot will work.

The Transfer case boot is from Northern Auto Parts 800-831-0884 Part # 80668.

I made all the boot mounting hardware at my shop, will post some photos.
Definitally worth the work on a cold day, or hot day, keeps the heat/fumes out also..

Attachments

TOXIC

How do you like the pinion brake, does it help out with the stoping, with the pressure turned down. We can always use more stoping power with 52" tires
The Rear Pinion Brake, makes a huge difference, especially with the 52" tires..
Still adjusting the proportioning valve, trying to find a valve that goes to 75%.. @ this point about 500 miles, one 1 set of pads..

HanksDeuce

Thank you so much for the intake part number. The Mack part number cross referenced to Donaldson H001660, and I found one at filterspro.com ($122).

Next question, what shocks did you go with? They look like Rancho. I want a single shock front/rear, and my bobber is 13 inches taller than with the 11R20s on it. Interested to see what valving they use too.

TOXIC

Thank you so much for the intake part number. The Mack part number cross referenced to Donaldson H001660, and I found one at filterspro.com ($122).

Next question, what shocks did you go with? They look like Rancho. I want a single shock front/rear, and my bobber is 13 inches taller than with the 11R20s on it. Interested to see what valving they use too.
Will look the info up & get back to you..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks