• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extended Cab Deuce (photos)

TOXIC

More info on the suspension please. Thanks, Jim
Jim, The Rear Blocks were Manufactured to my specs, by Red Barn Customs (Luke) He also made the Traction bar mounts, His work is impeccable, everything fit like a glove. Also has all the Hardware in stock, for all the Links & Mounts..

Front Springs, I had Custom made from a local Truck Repair Shop..

Attachments

HanksDeuce

Shocks are Rancho RS 9000 XL Series (adjustable)
Parts # R38RS999042
Attached some Photos to show the Dual set-up.. If you need any more info, let me know.. Did you get the Mack Intake yet ??
I really appreciate you sharing your build information for us. Yes, I ordered the Mack intake snorkel, but it was on back order. It should be in next week. 8)

tm america

Never liked bobbers but man you put alot of work and thought into this one..How long did the build take you ?That fuel tank must be fun to fill ?Did you fab the bed from scratch or was it a m101 trailer to begin with?

TOXIC

I love the look of that Mack intake, but rain and or snow would concern me if you were to be driving in it. Jim

Jim,

If you take notice in the photos, the 90 degree elbow, sits a-bit lower than the air box intake, allowing any, rain / snow etc. to exit out the bottom, prior to entering the air box.. Deffinatly not air tight, but, I do not plan on burying the vehicle that deep, YET !!! That could change in the future..

Attachments

TOXIC

Never liked bobbers but man you put alot of work and thought into this one..How long did the build take you ?That fuel tank must be fun to fill ?Did you fab the bed from scratch or was it a m101 trailer to begin with?

Not easy to fill the tank, You must get in the bed, to pump fuel in.. After the build was completed, I changed the tank to aluminum, and installed a aftermarket fuel pump.. Here are some photos, Had to cut & tig lower section of tank, to fit properly..

The bed was a military trailer, not sure what model #.. Would have been easier & cheaper to fab from scratch.. The build took over 6 months to complete.. Thanks for the interest...

Attachments

Flat Black

cant really say anything that hasnt been said already... bad ass build man.

I see your gallery has pics a "truck number two" build. Are you doing a build up for a customer or to sell or??

Cheers

ajthegreat

Thanks, How is the weather out on the, Hawaiian Islands ??
Unseasonable cold for Hawaii. It is only in the 70's with breezy winds, sweater weather for Hawaii. Although I doubt anybody from someplace like Wisconsin is going to feel bad for us LOL

spicergear

Awesome build! Nice dare to be different styling. Very cool-

Pinion brake will eat pads since they spin at driveshaft speed which is really singing compared to the axle speed. You may want to keep an eye on the rear pinion temp...sometimes they'll cook the seal with street use of pinion brakes.

TOXIC

cant really say anything that hasnt been said already... bad ass build man.

I see your gallery has pics a "truck number two" build. Are you doing a build up for a customer or to sell or??

Cheers
Thank You !! I am glad everybody digs the build, It is a little different from normal, Just my spin on things..

If you look in my albums there is Build 1 - 2 - 3 It is all the same build, just showing some of the progress along the way, Thought it may be interesting to some..

TOXIC

Awesome build! Nice dare to be different styling. Very cool-

Pinion brake will eat pads since they spin at driveshaft speed which is really singing compared to the axle speed. You may want to keep an eye on the rear pinion temp...sometimes they'll cook the seal with street use of pinion brakes.

Thanks for the info on the rear seal, I will keep a close eye on it. The pinion brake pads, will last approx 500 miles, untill I update the proportioning valve..

bigginstactical

I am building on possible 4 door right now. I have no idea how i never seen this until today. Trying to fab these doors has become a real PITA. I extended my cab 24 inches as well and am wondering is it a pain to get into the back seat? Is it even worth all the time to fab doors for only 24 inches instead of a full cab like most people do? To be quite honest I have thought a few time of just wrapping my framework (after beefing it up) and doing what you did but thought it may look goofy. It looks freaking awesome! Any advice is much appreciated. Beautiful truck man! link to my build is in my signature.

TOXIC

I like the 4 doors also, just did not want the added size, you can enter & exit the truck from the passenger side only, I have a 5 inch chopped top, so that makes it somewhat difficult.. If you keep the correct roof height, there will be no problem.. I would think just fabing the extended cab, should be much less work, than making a set of doors.. Also, the cab gets wider as it goes to the rear of the truck, if you keep that angle with a 4 door, it may not look correct.. We spent a lot of time making the cab out of cardboard, prior to fabrication, making sure the sizing would look correct, at least to us !!! After looking at your build photos, You are definitely on the right track.. Did you look at our build photos in my album section ??

w3azel

I absolutely love this truck. I'm doing a crew cab build but I still think a 2-3" chop could still look good. I'll figure that out when I get to the roof. I am going to steal your bumper design though...sorry, but its happening :twisted:

bigginstactical

Yes I did look at your photos! They are awesome! Great work for sure. So after taking a few days off and catching my breath I knuckled through the door design and fab last weekend. I have the frame work made up and just need to figure out window placement and bracing. It actually went better then I was anticipating once I was re energized haha. I did your idea and card-boarded the door area and it looked weird to make all one piece. I actually added 30 inches total from the old back. I think it will look pretty good. I did follow the angle of the cab back which really isn't that drastic. If i remember correctly its only about 4 inches wider then stock. Ill post some pics up soon. Thanks for your input! I would love to see yours someday that thing is just way to cool and original.

CHAMPtd

Do you have any pics of the original chop surgery? Saw pics od this rig online and been searching for hours and finally found this thread! Got me motivated is all I can say.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks