• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall 2012 Rausch Creek Sign Up Thread

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the ones that I know of. It seems like most everything was gas back then, including tanks. Diesels did exist, but the military liked gasoline equipment back then.

max1008

thanks,
My friend Jim that is coming to RC has a full set of 9x20's. How many are you looking for? They are all different tread thickness.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
bad news. 5 ton puller dropped out. looks like ill be driving down early friday morning by myself. i got the transfer case all together and seemsto be working well.

just a side note: my knuckle boots are in sad shape, so if anybody is planning routes already, can they plan some withouta lot of water? i know its rausch creek and the mud and water is fun. i just wanted to throw that out there incase we were doing a route that everbody is going on. i know shenkmen and i scouted out the trails across the road and they were nice. up to you guys! we'll discuss when we get down there. cant wait to see you guys!

max1008

I f-ed up. I was planning this for next weekend, not this weekend. I'm pretty sure I'm backing out due to other plans this weekend.

FormerNewMVGuy

Well, the rally has grown since the turnout at the beginning:

Fall RC rally 2007 attendees:

No.2Diesel and his brother Rob: M35A2 and M819 wrecker crane (post often, but not at rallies)
FormerNewMVGuy: M35A2 (Scott said he "doesn't want to hang out with anymore f'n kids") :)
MadDawg308: M35A2
Opie: M109A3 (haven't seen him since April 2008, last posts were a couple years ago)
SrJeeper: just riding along (not really an off-roader but was happy to have him show up)

So, I guess I'll be the old fart at the rally - I've been at every RC except one of them. And yes, psycobob, happy to show up just to help cook critter parts and keep a passenger seat warm!

Yeah I do remember saying that.:grin:
We need an Old guy nonalcohol get together, I really need my beeuty rest , As you can see from the pic i included

Attachments

shenkmen

Attendee list updated on first page.

I f-ed up. I was planning this for next weekend, not this weekend. I'm pretty sure I'm backing out due to other plans this weekend.
Sorry to hear that. Hope you make it. Is Jim coming? If so, do know what he's bringing, people, etc...?

Anybody else have arrival updates, changes, etc...?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Checked the weather for the weekend - Friday is partly cloudy, Saturday mostly cloudy, both days high around 54 and lows in the upper 30s.

Dress warm and bring a thick sleeping bag!

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be there friday morning. I would like to leave around when the sun comes up, but thats what i would like to do... who knows if i can pull myself out of bed that early. its about a 5.5 or 6 hour drive for me i think. i need to take the cargo cover off my trailer to give me a little more top speed for the hills. I dont know if we talked about this yet, but what kind of gear is everybody bringing? I will be bringing a small camp stove, a 300 watt power inverter to charge my cell phone and a bunch of chain and recovery gear (since i have a winch). I thought about bringing my 5 horse briggs generator, but we probably wont need it. so you know how it goes, i wont bring it, and we'll need it. Im just bringing some canned food that way I dont need to keep it cold.... have to save cooler space for the beer!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a BBQ stove or grill I can borrow for a few meals between Friday night and Sunday morning? I don't have a lot to cook - just I have no stove at the moment...

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
bad news, my transfer case is still leaking oil. it might be coming from the speedometer adapter seal. I might be going up to Kublos tomorrow, so maybe i can get another adapter and see if that fixes it. I didnt take it apart, but if i can get another take out one and try it to see if it works, ill do that. Im sure the truck would be ok around town, but i dont trust it to take a 160 mile drive with it leaking like it is. hope i get it fixed tomorrow. I think it will be a long lunch break for me tomorrow at work (half hour from kublos). wish me luck.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks. i really hope i get it fixed. good thing the speedometer adapter is not hard to change. i also removed the check valve from the vent. we'll see how that works... it can only help. It was not stuck before... but still... never know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks