• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall 2012 Rausch Creek Sign Up Thread

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always have a great time at Rausch Creek ! This was my 8th time at this rally, I attended Fall 2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012, and Spring 2010/2011. So far I've only missed one of them, and they are a blast. For those in the area who missed it or who have never gone, there are plenty of trails waiting for you there...

Good to see everyone there. So far, noone has gotten hurt at an RC rally, and the breakdowns have all been relatively minor and repairable. So I think we have a good track record for having a good time and testing our vehicles out on the rocky trails there.

psycobob - thanks for use of the grill and the good conversation!

shenkmen - thanks again for organizing the rally! Good job as always...

F'N!WreckerRay

This event is on my to do list for next year... :)
I have gone to the hershey swap and meet (this is my 4th year) and there was not much military parts but a few. While walking around i met WILDCHILD'S dad... Very nice guy... We started talking about military parts that he had collected there at the swap meet and then i asked if he was part of ss. He said no but his son was. It turned into a long conversation but i had to leave. I will be there again next year and hope to drive out to this event and meet some people :)
Always nice meeting other SS....
Ray

PaFarmer

Had a good time as usual. Nice ride, no one got badly stuck, no one broke down.
Nice to see some new faces. It's Deep horesshoe was deep and rejected both trucks that tried it. Tom was right there with a strap to get them out. There have to be several videos do the attempts.

Here are some links to pics, can't seem to be able to figure out how to get them to show up on the site.

Here is a video clip of my dad and the nice guy in the bobbed deuce coming up a hill.
http://s587.photobucket.com/albums/...1-8FE9-54AE253E0EC0-4790-000005989732B807.mp4

Here is a pic of the guys in the blue camo deuce. The couch looked funny, but was probably a nice soft ride.

Dad taking in the view

Here is one of me and my dad.

Last edited:

shenkmen

Had a good time as usual. Nice ride, no one got badly stuck, no one broke down.
Nice to see some new faces. It's Deep horesshoe was deep and rejected both trucks that tried it. Tom was right there with a strap to get them out. There have to be several videos do the attempts.

Here are some links to pics, can't seem to be able to figure out how to get them to show up on the site.

Here is a video clip of my dad and the nice guy in the bobbed deuce coming up a hill.
[media]http://s587.photobucket.com/albums/ss311/MrSinisterEsq/?action=view&current=1EC953BD-B1EA-4D91-8FE9-54AE253E0EC0-4790-000005989732B807.mp4[/media]

Here is a pic of the guys in the blue camo deuce. The couch looked funny, but was probably a nice soft ride.

Dad taking in the view

Here is one of me and my dad.
Here's your pics...

Attachments

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a great time guys! now i have to get to changing my knucle boots like i wanted to do before the rally. haha! Thanks for everything and it was great seeing everybody. I will try to get some of the pictures uploaded today on my lunch break! :)

spicergear

Yep, always a good time and nice to see familiar faces and some new ones too!

Looking forward to more pics and video too!

Shenkmen, thanks for holding up the run til I arrived! ;)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The views from the top of the mountain always amaze me. You guys have such great scenery!

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are the pictures I had on my phone. My dad was taking a lot of pictures with a regular camera and I will have to get those and post them up and also put the you tube videos on here. I’m not sure how to connect the video to the website like I have seen before, but I will figure it out. I forget the guy’s name who owns the blue deuce, but he is new to the Deuce world, and it was good spending time with him and his friends. It brought back memories when I was still new to my Deuce trying to learn as much as I could about it. His dash lights did not work, so I had some extra bulbs in my truck and we got them working. We also adjusted his clutch because it did not have any free play. It was really good meeting those guys and really good wheeling with them and working on their truck. When I was new to the hobby, the first SS guys I met was Doghead, Doghead's Wife, and D8Dave. Those guys (RIP D8Dave) and Doghead's Wife were very nice to me and looking over my truck and talking about it when I got mine. So it was nice to pass that along and help out those young guys with their truck as the older guys helped me. It is what this hobby is all about. A great group of guys and helping each other out keeping the green machines rolling! Cheers!

Attachments

shenkmen

I'm glad we did this again. Always a great time. Off roading, campfire and camping. Can't beet it. Glad we got some new recruits. I loved the propeller on the bobber and the couch in the blue deuce.

Psycobob, thanks for the smoked pork. Remind me to bring the smoked sweet bologna next time.

Great Time!
I am so glad I drove up and got to meet an awesome bunch of guys (and a pretty girl too)
Russ, great to meet you. I dig your bobber and Amanda got a HUGE kick out of being able to stand under it.

shenkmen - thanks again for organizing the rally! Good job as always...
No problem pal. Glad to get together again.

Shenkmen, thanks for holding up the run til I arrived!
We'll always wait for the Unimog.

Thanks to everyone!

Attachments

spicergear

Wildchild, when you have the vids uploaded to YouTube, click the address bar, then copy, then when you go to post here there's a little icon beside where you can change the letter font above where you're typing the message body with a little earth and a small link. click that, then paste the youtube address bar into that area. That'll post the link so it's click-able. :)

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok Spicergear, will do. I dont know when I'll be able to get my dad's camera, but I'll see if I can get it soon and get the videos up. I have some good pictures of your mog going through the trails.... I think you'll like them!

spicergear

Awesome! I don't get to see it really doing it's thing while driving, ya know?

Oh, how much did you have your tires aired down? The were putting out a good footprint for 900x20's.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the fronts at 40 and the rears at 18. It seemed to work real well. Some stuff I got stuck on I could have picked my speed up just a little and made out better. Crawling along and slipping on some wet rocks is what got me a couple times. So I just flip the switch for the front axle quick and make it over whatever and then flip it back off. Works like a charm! what tire pressure did you have on the Mog?

spicergear

I didn't air down at all...was on a time crunch all for about three days previous to leaving. They're around 35-40psi. I usually run the fronts a little more pressure.

Yours definitely worked well on the couple times I caught it traversing something.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to my parents tonight, ill try to get it done then. If i cant get it done tonight, ill bring it to work and upload them here. It might be faster than my dinosaur computer at home.;-)

camogriz

My son and I had a great time meeting new people and seeing people we haven't seen since the last rally. The trails were a blast and we are looking forward to the next rally. Thanks to Joe for organizing and Mike for the cooler- it's perfect. The pork that Bob made was delicious. Here are some videos:
Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Fall 2012 Bobbed Deuce mudhole.MP4 - YouTube
Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Fall 2012 blue deuce deep mudhole.MP4 - YouTube
Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Fall 2012 deuce pulled from deep mudhole.MP4 - YouTube

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks