• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall Camp Dirtbag

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hole - I'll try to get pics of the tires once I get my front seal replaced and all these over tightened lugs un F*&ked. There were all new when I picked up the truck from Barstow.

BLK HMMWV

What do you want for the 5 ton troop seats. I also have a small girls quade (pink and white camo) if anyone is interested it nedds a chain and battery.
I'm having flashbacks of the green machine.:mrgreen:
How much for the pink target oops I mean Quad.:roll:

And flying targets I guess an AA mount will be needed.:jumpin:

BH/CC

JDToumanian

This will be my deuce's last trip before I tear into some projects on it.... I was greasing all 300 zerk fittings a couple weeks ago when I noticed quite a bit of pinion shaft slop on my center axle. (Jim, this may be the popping noise we heard when I was backing up...) Hopefully I can just replace the bearings.

Also, when I shut down my truck the air tanks drain completely within about 2 hours. Soapy water time! ...Actually I'd like to get this problem solved BEFORE the trip... I need to fix my windshield wipers too.

Jon

didn't you notice that problem at the chino airshow? You let me get in yer truck and start it up and right before I started it up, you went to engage the front axle (I guess for demonstration) and it didn't engage because of no air. You should have fixed this a while ago. tsk tsk ha ha ha ha hope you find the problem. [thumbzup]

hole

Jon, I could be wrong but I would think you could hear the air leaking if it drains down that fast. I thought mine bled off quick, mine goes from 90+ psi to 60ish in 2-3 hours. I hope it turns out to be an easy fix for you!

JDToumanian

Jon, I could be wrong but I would think you could hear the air leaking if it drains down that fast.
I bet YOU could hear it leak down that fast, but my ears are shot.... Softly hissing air does not overcome the constant ringing. :(

hole

Jon, I'll be more than glad to give her a listen. When are you coming out? I'll be out Thursday am.
PS. Mods, we still need a blow stuff up emotican:p

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jon, I'll be more than glad to give her a listen. When are you coming out? I'll be out Thursday am.
PS. Mods, we still need a blow stuff up emotican:p
Me too! I've been lookin' on how to add emoticans!

TheRecorder

This will be my deuce's last trip before I tear into some projects on it.... I was greasing all 300 zerk fittings a couple weeks ago when I noticed quite a bit of pinion shaft slop on my center axle. (Jim, this may be the popping noise we heard when I was backing up...) Hopefully I can just replace the bearings.

Also, when I shut down my truck the air tanks drain completely within about 2 hours. Soapy water time! ...Actually I'd like to get this problem solved BEFORE the trip... I need to fix my windshield wipers too.

Jon

I remember hearing some kind of noise, I thought it might be a loose muffler bearing or something, but there were losta jets flying over head....with the ringing, does anyone hear the voices too?

Barneyszoo

I'm having flashbacks of the green machine.:mrgreen:
How much for the pink target oops I mean Quad.:roll:

And flying targets I guess an AA mount will be needed.:jumpin:

BH/CC
Haha thats funny, but it in to go of shape for that, But I'll see if I can find something else. I live in the ghetto and people are always putting those things out at the curd for the trash that never gets picked up.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought I would post this here because it's where lots of us locals will be viewing just before the election: An important message for So Cal MV-er's regarding an issue that very defiantly could affect our hobby.

Meanwhile, looking forward to seeing you all at camp DB... regards, Dave

My thumbnail? Whaa-happeen? Was it politically incorrect?

Attachments

Last edited:

hole

Yesterdays 45 mile shake down run went well, and then changed oil and filters. Next weekend I'll grease everything, and I'll be good to go :)

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just did a two mile shakedown on my oil seal/boot repair. Big thanks to BarneysZoo (Phil) for the use of the tools.

The boy is going out after lunch to clean and repaint the rims.

I need to pre op the ATVs and the M105/kids condo.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still gotta do a knuckle boot and a fluid change/check. Next weekend! Lessee if we can get an idea of when people will be leaving, safety in numbers. I plan on leaving my place at around 0600 Friday. I think hole will be outa here Thursday. My ROT will be 210E to 15N to Stoddard Wells RD. If anyone is gonna leave Friday AM, let me know and we can hook up around Sierra and convoy up the hill.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My convoy is still planned for Thursday.

Recorder/Phil - When you guys going up?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks