• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Findlay 2013 Armed Forced Day Buy/Sell/Trade Thread

85CUCVtom

Anybody have a stock Jack set-up for a M1009? I also really really really need a starter bracket for both a direct drive starter and a gear reduction starter. PM me .

Last edited:

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have decided to drag the stencil machine to the show. I will produce custom stencils (with 1” tall letters) on-site at your request.

102_1197 (Custom).jpg102_1198 (Custom).jpg

I use stencil board stock that is 6 ½” x 20”. This will allow up to four lines of text with 22 characters per line. Characters that are available are: Letters A-Z, numbers 0-9, period (.), comma(,) apostrophe(‘), slash (/), dash (-), and ampersand (&). See example below.

grid form example.jpg

I can do the standard stuff such as "TP 50" or "CHECK BATTERIES DAILY", but can also do specialized stencils such as your screenname "SGT. ROCK", or your truck number "D-22". The truck number example is great for identifying your pioneer tool handles, chock blocks, tool boxes, ammo cans, etc. (The TM specifies 1” tall lettering for most of the instructional information on vehicles and equipment – so this is the correct size for restorations)

stencils (Custom).jpg

Here is a blank form to plan your stencil. Print a copy (or two) at home right now. Then go look at your truck(s) and figure out what stencils you need. Fill out the form and bring it to the show.
Click here for a simple .jpg picture version ->grid form blank.jpg

Click here for the MicroSoft Word version -> Stencil Matrix Form 22x4.doc

These stencils are cut on industrial oilboard. They are easy to use and reusable. The oil board can be cut with scissors or utility knife. You can hold the stencil to the desired surface, tape them, temporarily affix with spray glue, or use magnets to secure them. Then lightly apply your chosen color of spray paint.

The pricing is very simple and very reasonable:
I will do one line of text for $4(includes the oilboard) .
For the super size deal, fill up the 4 lines for just $10 !

You do not need to pm me or reply to this thread. Just click the [thank] tab at the bottom of this post and then find me at the show. I will be in the covered area with many of the other steel soldiers guys. That super cool guy named kipman is going to sublet a small corner of his trading spot for me.

(Lastly, I shouldn’t have to say this, but . . . I will not do any words or phrases that would generally be considered offensive, or would portray our hobby in a negative light. I know the majority of us are respectful, but there always is a chance for one bad apple. Please keep it proper.)

[thumbzup]

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Great Jeff I will need a few made, also found a yellow dingus for you if still looking.

Was loading this morning and found a 1945 and 1951 jerry cans that hold fuel and will be bringing, also a couple of NOS sand Temper vestibules, 16x16 Red Cross fly with poles. Couple crates of pup tent poles and some military tent stakes and some litters.

Last edited:

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great Jeff I will need a few made, also found a yellow dingus for you if still looking.

Dave, If you are talking about the bridge plate part, the answer is yes. If the "yellow dingus" is something else, well then, you're gonna' have to explain it better.

Are you bringing any first aid stuff? I know we talked about it at GA rally. I can't think of anything specific, just browsing.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a few additional items for sale. I will not bring these unless requested. If you want them speak up.

Deuce Air cleaner Housing $5
106_1131.jpg

Really nice hood with a really big Dent. The previous owner mounted this hood to the truck, but not latched to grille. A strong wind lifted it and smacked it into the windshield frame (probably repeatedly). Also has Two tiny little cracks at front lip. Otherwise this hood is perfect. Might be good for a custom project if you are going to cut it up. Hinges/ latch / holddowns/ hardware not included. $15

106_1133.jpg106_1132.jpg106_1134.jpg106_1135.jpg

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep Jeff that is the yellow dingus that you want. Also found I had too many plastic fuel cans so will toss some in and some guidon/flag poles with the chrome spade top.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks