• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Findlay 2013 Armed Forces Day Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

85CUCVtom

So like I said I've never been there before. I'm planning on driving my M1009, which is in dire need of a paint job, is there special parking for military vehicles? Or is it like a traditional car show where you have to enter or register? I should be down Sunday and I'm really excited to meet some people!

kipman

Just show up, we and the show are about as laid back as it gets. If you are going Sunday, be early, that is pack up day, show is over. It would be better to show up Saturday. No registration required.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Preliminary plans are to head out friday, after kids are off school, towing pickup with crane. Stick around a couple of hours, then head home in pickup. Come back saturday around 10 for the day, with kids, then leave saturday late afternoon/evening. This assumes I can find my towing adapters for my truck I mislaid.

Look forward to seeing you all, it's been a long winter!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Heard a nasty rumor that DA Gimpy will not be there!

Truck and trailer loaded and serviced for the 12 hour drive out there, hopefully be there early evening Thursday. Just got to figure what cheeses and meats to bring for the snack trays.

jw4x4

I plan on heading out Friday morning and staying til Sunday. Bringing an engine/turret hoist and a 14.00 NDT mounted on a 10 lug rim.

Monkeyboyarmy

Cool, then i'll be there Saturday! My M1009 is roller painted flat black. Do Steel Soldiers have a "special" area?
:
Yep. I also heard that Gimp wouldn't be making it. maybe he's having trouble with his special area.

Well 300 down and 200 to go. Should be there by 8 a.m. So let's have those tables uncovered and ready to go.

camp9

The boys and I arn't making it this year either. We got planting done last week and thought I had it made, but too much wind and rain since to get the rest of the farming done. Last three days have been nice and almost caught up, but not quite enough to be able to make it. So see you all next year.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a bummer but considering everything I have to do I probably shouldn't go either. I'm only going for a little while Sat AM. Still recovering from the theft and it seems like I'm breaking the mower every other day. Getting the 813 ready for any parades is already behind (also due to the theft of the power washer). Our farmer got corn planted in the field and it is about 3 inches high already. I did get my new ATV and trailer so I can get back to running the fences and general cleanup.

Busy spring for sure...

foxtrk2

just have ot say thanks to all that me feel so welcome at findlay roger and john went out of there way to invite me in a member fo th egroup and all th evenders were helpful an doverly freindly to this ole yankee an dgot tons fo good remarks about my contact truck thanks again all will make an effort to be there next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks