• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida Convoy Thread

Tampa250

This Tampa newbie and his buddy are planning on making this rally as our inaugural SS event. I think we are planning on going on Friday and Saturday so we won't be joining your convoy, but I wanted to ask about directions. Is it best to just follow the ones on the location's website or have you guys found a more direct route coming from Florida?

Thanks in advance for any info...

phil2968

This Tampa newbie and his buddy are planning on making this rally as our inaugural SS event. I think we are planning on going on Friday and Saturday so we won't be joining your convoy, but I wanted to ask about directions. Is it best to just follow the ones on the location's website or have you guys found a more direct route coming from Florida?

Thanks in advance for any info...
Yup, just follow their directions, it will get you there just fine.

Anyone else going to join our convoy? It is always better to travel in a group in case someone breaks down.

Anyone, anyone,......Bueller,..Bueller.......:cookoo:

What is up with Sixspeed? Coming or staying home?:shock:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was doing a little ciphering and it looks like we have in the neighborhood of 380~400 miles to go from Wildwood. That's a good 9 hours assuming we are going to make one stop somewhere in GA for fuel and or lunch. Does that sound about right?

Also, a little update on the GA cheap fuel stop. I came down I-75 Friday and between mile 101 and the FL line the diesel was cheapest at mile 39/40. I'm sure someone with an iPhone can get the current fuel prices the day of the convoy.

SixSpeed

Banned
I was doing a little ciphering and it looks like we have in the neighborhood of 380~400 miles to go from Wildwood. That's a good 9 hours assuming we are going to make one stop somewhere in GA for fuel and or lunch. Does that sound about right?

Also, a little update on the GA cheap fuel stop. I came down I-75 Friday and between mile 101 and the FL line the diesel was cheapest at mile 39/40. I'm sure someone with an iPhone can get the current fuel prices the day of the convoy.

If you look at the breakdown I have on the first post, I had figured about 8 hours, but that would be with few stops/no problems. 9 Hours might be a safer estimate.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may want to factor in a tenth hour. These convoys just seem to go slower overall. I'm fortunate in the fact that I'll have all of my fuel for the trip with me so all I need is a fat spot in the road to fuel up. Jack, I know there is an expense related but my M1008 is still not spoken for if you want it! Sadly I can't deliver it to Wildwood as I'm bringing a gagle of trailers.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, I was on the blower with Vinnysocom today. He lives one exit north of Wildwood off exit 341. Thats 12 miles north of Wildwood. There are some places around there too. Vinny mentioned possibly driving south to meet up with us for breakfast. Anyone have an opinion on if we should move our meeting point to exit 341? Link to map;
exit 341 - Google Maps

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, lets just stay with what we have then. Vinny will either meet us on the hiway or come down for breakfast. Sorry Pete, forgot about the big truck.

SixSpeed

Banned
Hey Guys, doesn't look like I will be able to make it. I can't really afford to go, and now a job came up for the weekend of the rally and I can't afford to miss it.

Hopefully next year.

ChevyC60

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I will be leaving from north Florida. Maybe I can hook up with you all at hwy 90 and I75 (Lake City). About what time will you all be passing through that area?
Thanks,
Roy

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Planned departure is 9A Roy, I'd think around 10:45 or so. Do you still have the phone number ending in 3989? If si I can give you a heads up.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Roy, how far off of I-75 are you? How much advance notice would you need? Driving the red Chevy with the MUTT in tow?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks