• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida Convoy Thread

ChevyC60

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be at the hwy 90 and I75 junction. 10 min notice would be good.
Yes will be driving the red Chevy with the MUTT in tow.
Thanks,
Roy

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Short notice but is anyone going to anywhere near SixSpeed before departure? He has 2 drums of JP8 that I got from Brannan but I just don't have time to go get them. He says he can meet someone if it helps. If not, I'll get it later

flyusn99

GA convoy

Anyone going from NE Florida? I'm rolling out of Jacksonville in the early hours of Friday.... I had thought I was going up I-95 but if its not to- too much out of the way and someone is rolling up 75 I might be interested in joining in. I'm only taking my Dodge Ram and an M105 in tow.... Please let me know if anyone is traveling around then. Thanks!

James

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is everybody meeting in Wildwood; at the Pilot or T/A at exit 329? I saw both names mentioned.

Also, I got Phil's cell number off his post, is Recovry4x4's cell number here somewhere, maybe I missed it?

With any luck I'll be in Wildwood by 8:00am Wednesday.

Ray

A

A/C Cages

Wish I had the time to go and run with you all. But my company takes all the free time I have.... Soon I will be free though.
Im selling off my company to make more free time with my 5 year old son who loves riding in the M109 and M35A2.
Im in Orange City area if anyone needs any fabrication or welding done on your trucks. I have a complete fab shop here.

vinny-socom1

cessnatwin I'll be bringing your mermite can Wednesday morning.

Kenny Lake City is 1hr 45m from my house in the car so I don't think you will be getting there at 10:45 by Duce, I-10 is another 15-20min by car north of Lake City too.

Vinny

Armada

Short notice but anyone going that has an 817 mudflap or two that needs a new home? Please PM me! I am in need and have a way to get it from the rally. Thanks!

phil2968

Where is everybody meeting in Wildwood; at the Pilot or T/A at exit 329? I saw both names mentioned.

Also, I got Phil's cell number off his post, is Recovry4x4's cell number here somewhere, maybe I missed it?

With any luck I'll be in Wildwood by 8:00am Wednesday.

Ray
Good question! It is exit 329 but which parking lot? I think it's the one on the SW side of I75.

If everyone can get there has early as possible the quicker we can pull out!
We should be there about 7:30.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was planning on leaving an hour ago. Still loading and not packed. Will be buggin out of here at 0315.

vinny-socom1

Well here are a couple of photos from this morning meet. Convoy headed out around 9:30am... see you guys Tomorrow!!!!!

Vinny

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, the ride up was uneventful for the most part. I left my AO at 0300 and at 0710 was waiting at the truckstop in Wildwood. We were a little disorganized but finally got on the way. Made a fuel stop at the GA 11 and your truley had an emergency that caused another break at a rest area @ Cordele. Caught up with Daniel and the Mrs in Macon and with the exception of a second fuel stop and the convoy getting seperated by traffic signals, no major problems to note. A few of our faithful got kinda far behind so I stayed back to wait while the rest of the convoy continued in! After collecting up the last part of the convoy we headed in uneventfully. We will have to see what some of the other folks say about the Peltor Powercoms we used on the way up. I have 4 headsets and a few FRS radios and all were used pretty effectively. Peace-Out!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks