• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida Rally Parts Thread...

devilman96

I know a lot of you a wheeling and dealing behind the scenes for the rally to swap parts so here is the official thread to bring in into the lime light...

I have also pleaded with Matt at Green Gem and he has agreed to come down with his roll back carrying a load of surplus HEAVY items which no one ever wants to ship. He is in the process of sending me pictures and a list of items he is loading but if you have request or need things please feel free to give him a call and see what he has... 386-364-4669... jrv0123@yahoo.com.
Matt is pretty well known on the site and sells under Green Gem Motors on eBay and always has engines, transmissions, transfer cases, radiators, body parts, winch parts etc!!!

If your coming to the rally or know someone near you that is coming now would be the time to get what you need!!!

It’s really hard to draw vendors into new events so guys please do what you can to support him for coming out and setting up with us over the weekend!!!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks get yer checkbooks out. I'm about to let y'all in on a secret that I was gonna keep for myself. Matt has a deuce transfer case with a REB kit installed. IIRC he has the shifter and everything you need. When I last spoke with him he had everything for a winch kit with the exception of the winch itself and the PTO shift pattern data plate. All good stuff. He's prolly got some 5 ton stuff left too. Pay him now, have it delivered. It's a great opportunity.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spoke with Matt a spell ago, the REB case is gone, still has the partial winch kit mentioned.

Pinz25086

If anyone who is going to the Florida rally has a GP Medium that they want to sell and they could bring, I am looking. I would rather buy it here than from an unknown source. Send me a PM and describe what you have. Cash at the rally.

Wayne

citizensoldier

Feb 21st to 24th.. central Fl area.. See Fl Rally post gives you directions..
I will be driving down with my truck and 12' covered trailer.. I have M37 parts, some deuce parts and lots of other stuff if anyone is going to the rally or is on the way from Michigan.. Pm me with what your looking for and I will see if I can help. Also can maybe pick up stuff on the way down and back for a small fee and if I can fit it in the truck or trailer. So keep this in mind guys.. Willing to help if I can. Just Pm me

citizensoldier

I am supposed to stop in KY and pick up some poles for it so I will have them.. Wayne might want it but it needs some love on the corners.. Works fine just old. I would sell it for what I paid we can talk when I get there I will bring it.
Anybody need some M880 axles? I have one set left.. I have a set of Dodge WC axles, M37 axles and lots of misc M37 parts, some 20'x40' canvas, NOS clearance lights, and so on..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got an M880 for the axles? I've got a semi trailer to trade for an M880 or whatever else

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
How much for a roll of canvas? When are you scheduled to head south? I would like to attend that meeting in KY, I have been trying to get down that way, but time is tight. If I have a schedule, that would help.

citizensoldier

Nothing concrete for a date yet gimp.. Still working out logistics.. Mike said we can get in there the 21st and I would like to be there early to help if I can.. With all the stops my trip down will probably be 3 days.. Why dont you just ride along with me? I can pick you up in Cinci. Kenny or Mike would stick you on a plane to get you home..lol. We can stop in Ky, shoot over to Va, stop in SC shoot over to Ga.. Man we will tour the south picking up OD junk all over the place! All my truck and trailer will hold! My wife wants to go but might have to go back to work. I hate driving all that way alone.. Anyone out there want to ride down? Share some fuel cost..

devilman96

If anyone has a fuel tank im looking for a genset project im working on... Needs to be square or rectange, a deuce tank will "work" but I will have to shorten it a good bit... Dig through them scrap piles!

oilcan

devilman96 said:
If anyone has a fuel tank im looking for a genset project im working on... Needs to be square or rectange, a deuce tank will "work" but I will have to shorten it a good bit... Dig through them scrap piles!
I have a 25 gallon square tank that I think is off a new-ish topkick. It got "warrantied" because of peeling paint. Not sure on actual dimensions, but if I remember right, it was about 1/2 the length of a deuce tank. Roughly the same sizes everywhere else. I'll have to verify that, though.

If someone drives through near me or gimp, it could hitch a ride down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks