• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida Round Up...

devilman96

I took some pics of the property this weekend... I had planed on doing some mowing but spit a blade out of the bush hog (typical when your trying to get something done)... New blades, new pins and another weekend up there but its hard to complain when it gets you away from the south Florida concrete jungle...

Any way... Being that were two weeks away I would like to try and get a head count for people showing up in order to make some purchase regarding food and the likes!!!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, I don't think I'm going to make it. If I can pull it off, I'll bring my own sustinance but for right now it looks grim.

Boelt63A

Well the worm has at least three cylinders working and all four wheels turn so I'll be there. Officially took Thursdy and Friday off for the drive down. Buck up liitle camper There'll be green steel in the front yard!!

devilman96

Just another bump for shameless promotion... Guys I really need a head count here... Don't let ADR and Clinto have their way I really cant take bein showed up by GA!!!! [thumbzup]

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
8)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man Mike, you found a place in Florida without people and traffic light, congrats!

Can't make it to the sunshine state this year, I'll try again next year. Compare the planning that goes into a meet like Aberdeen, the local get-togethers are hard to promote, I still say there has to be more than one "draw", beer is good for some, parts trading for others and so on.

fordlotus

It's not looking good for me. I'm still waiting on my air pack that was supposed to have shipped over a week ago for the 5 ton dump and the blazer just lost reverse. Taking the elantra over is still an option, but it would be a little out of place.

Boelt63A

Looks like there are more foreign MV's in working order than US. The below is copied from the Real 4X4's website where I posted the invite from Mike.

"Looks like we have two 710Ks, one Mog and possibly a 712 if it comes in time We're all driving from Tampa/St. Pete. All of us have trailers for hauling our vehicles. From the pictures on the steelsoldiers site it looked like we could get back there and have space.

I'm thinking of taking Fri. off from work and driving before traffic gets bad. Not sure that will work out yet though."

If these guys show up that's 4 Pinzgauers and one Unimog to help pull any stuck Deuces out of the Muck :oops:

Chuck

devilman96

Plenty of space to be had for everyone... 10's?? hundred's?? All we need is you guys to be there!

Lotus a air pack is much easier than a tranny... :grd: ... and I promise I will not take and post TOO MANY pictures of the Elantra if ya have to!

We need some US stuff... I cant be showin up with the only Deuce, I'll get stuck and laughed at too often... *sigh* I cant compete with Euro trash off roading and I know it!!! (but at least I can drive my Deuce there and back) [thumbzup]

As for food... My shout for burgers and dogs with all the trimmings for Saturday afternoon /eve... I will bring up a BBQ of appropriate size and a water cooler or two full of whom knows what... I'd be happy to drop the money on a pig for roasting Friday night but we need the people to eat it!!

Please keep in mind that we will be ROUGHING it... Meaning if you want it bring it... H2o is up to you.. The grill will be open for everyone to use when ever and I have a chain saw for fire wood... If anyone NEEDS it there is a gen set available...

alphadeltaromeo

I'd actually enjoy the drive. I really enjoyed driving from Ocala to Tampa each day a week ago...it's a real nice drive. Then ya'll chased me back to GA with a tornado...some welcome I got hehe

devilman96

Well were coming down to the wire here... I am repeating myself some but here's an update for directions...

I have posted a detailed map showing directional signs which I will have printed up this evening. I would suggest using the link for Google maps to get directions to the location, however I would count on my map and the signs when you get into the area. Please note the last sign / turn is a gated entry... Please be mindful of closing this gate behind you due to cattle... I am going to try and relocate them before Friday but they tend to have a mind of their own...

I must ask that you respectfully mind your driving on the roads to and from the property off of Hwy 33... These are all private roads maintained (kinda) by the residents whom live out there... As where they can SEEM really fun for flying up and down / off roading no one appreciates them getting beat up and abused. (any more than they already are).

Please keep in mind that mobile phone coverage is generally lost or is very undependable within about 10 miles of the location.

I will be heading up Wed/Thurs to do some clean up work and hopefully patch the bush hog back together for some trail mowing... Kenny ahs been nice enough to lend me his trailer seeing how I still don't have my bed mounted so I can haul gear up, 220 miles by Deuce... Should be interesting as this will be my first long haul since my over hauling event!!!

Please bring the family... It should be an interesting event for all. (if not drop em off at Disney...lol)

Pets are more than welcome but please attended to them... Anything named "Fluffy" could be an issue with bobcats, panthers, boar, ferial dogs and coyotes.

Firearms are welcome but due to safety reasons they need to be secured and kept out of sight until we open up the range. SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY!!!

Bring what you need with you... I will be cooking Saturday afternoon for everyone but otherwise its up to you and were roughing it!

A few have mentioned flying in for the event.. Please PM me for pick up / ETA... Its a LONG walk!! Also make sure you have SLGP's info...

Print your directions... http://www.google.com/maps?q=+28°+24'+28.41",+-81°+51'+49.04+

Detailed map with signs... http://www.steelsoldiers.com/tapics/map/map detail.jpg

Area overview map... http://www.steelsoldiers.com/tapics/map/map overview.jpg

devilman96

I got some signs done today... Had to opt for getting a stencil made... Man they want a small fortune for temporary signs around here so please excuse my spray painting!

I've been hearing back from quite a few people on coming... Sounds like it should be a pretty good crowd!

So Clinto... ADR... ya deuce pooling together? :roll:

Attachments

alphadeltaromeo

Bud, gotta get my deuce first...werkin' on that as we spea...errr type. Additionally...although I'd love to come, I think the better choice is to save the precious pennies for a slam bang partaaaaay here in GA hehe - However, perhaps next year!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks