• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida to GA,SC,NC,VA,MD,OH,MI,IN,AL,LA

Stonepicker1

First pictures were in north FL ....loaded and only getting 9 mpg. The last pictures with the Cart on the back is when I left Cherry Point, NC after DOT pulled me over.

I'm a lot lighter now with only 4 AC kits / Bow and Cover kit / CUCV Rad / and a Cart.
I hope this snow storm doesn't slow me down in the morning going through WV.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stonepicker1, if you're heading up to IGD's, I have a tent section (2' x 2' x 5') to go to 123mack in Alabama if your route allows and you can take it. I can get it to Don so you'll only have make one stop. I'll PM my phone number.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I left him a voicemail/message.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don, are you sure you can afford to get rid of that? Looks pretty nice to me. Was this one of those auction deals where you buy 42,000 computers all missing hdds from a PD or something? I have bid on lots in the past but once it gets past the cost of a meal, I reconsider. LOL

rbeasley66

Nope but it will make a mighty offical looking registration desk at SSGR2012 if I can go! My ruggedized Dell laptop is dead again so I'm trying to scare up a basic toughbook with Windows XP to run the Dymo program for the name tags. Most folks were quite happy with the nametags and this year I promise to keep the m on file for Clinto.
That's the only reason I'll go to the SSGR2012, so I can wear a "Cool Recovry4x4 Name Tag"

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don, does it have the recovery CD, or do I need to put an O.S. on it?
Kenny, No problem. I bought a lot of 6 on epay for less than the cost of a m101 on fire sale. I have stored them in a faraday cage. This is the only one w/o a hard drive. Since you have one yourself you will have the power cord for it and an extra battery. Buy me a plate of Mikes Chili Mack and were even.

Gimp. There is no hard drive so there is no operating system. You will need to have a hard drive and install the operating system compatible for the computer. All the others run XP Pro. I would install that. All windows updates you can get uploaded on line through Microsoft. It has wifi built in, config it to your ISP for windows updates.
Thats the best I can do.

Last edited:

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stonepicker1 got to my AO on schedule and has picked up for Gimp and Kenny
and was headed for I-75 N. for Cincy. seemed well rested and not De- hydrated. But he did say
he was missing the snow from W.V.....LOL :cookoo: You Fla. guys.......:popcorn:[thumbzup]:popcorn:popacom

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No prob. Don, I'll get it all set for Kenny.
Kenny, might need the notebook to stay here while I get it setup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks