• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida to Missouri, M923 pickup

Stonepicker1

Getting ready to leave in the morning. Packing things I might need. Never know what you may need on the side of the road. Might be an overkill, but I hate it when I have the item and I have to buy it cause I left it at home.

Taking: Tools, Jacks, Air Hose, LED Lights, Recovery Tow Lights, Batteries, Battery Cables, Jumper Cable, NATO Cable, Water and Fuel Cans, 5 Gallon of 15-40W, Dot 5 Brake Fluid, Tow-Bar, Chains, Straps and more.......lol...I need a bigger truck.

Attachments

Orionspath

Nice Ride......

I was out bid on the one's I wanted at Shelby so I put a low bid of $3,600.00 in the last 1/2 hour of the sale on this one and walked away. Thought it would go higher but it didn't. Got an email saying I won:shock:. So now its mine.
Now that's a deal worth taking a few days for recovery! WOW she's a beaut! Hope the miles/hours are as sweet as the CARC paint job! Congratulations. Why dont you have the top shipped out to a location closer to the pick up site? I'm sure one of the guys would receive and hold it for you.
Nice Truck!

rrrr

Phil dropped off my deuce bed. My best laid plans went out the window. Luckily Phil and his boy PJ and I were able to drag it off the back of his trailer. Not the best but it worked. Now the project begins. I will post up on the project.

THANK YOU PHIL and PJ. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME !!

Have a save trip and good luck with the recovery. Like I said, if you need a place to park the trucks and do some work I've got plenty of room. I get back Friday morning if you need any help.

Stonepicker1

Me and my son started out at 10:30am Monday morning, leaving out of South Florida to Elkton, FL(likes2ride123) to pickup a deuce bed for Ray(rrrr). We got it loaded and out the gate by 5:30pm.

Drove most of the night, stopping in Valdosta, GA for food at 0730pm. Then at a rest area in KY around 3:00am. Slept for a few hours and was back on the road at 8:00am on Tuesday morning.
Got to Rays place in Troy, MO around 4:45pm. Ray is a great guy and has some nice OD toys at his place. Glad I had a chance to meet him.

Staying at the Hilton Garden Inn here in St. Louis. Its 129 miles to Ft. Leonard to pick-up my M923. Just talked to Andy(andy1234) and will be picking up one of his new battery relocation boxes.
I may stay another night at the hotel and make sure the 5 ton is ready for the long trip back south (from St. Louis to papacom in KY to South FL).
I still have room on my trailer and or 5 ton cargo bed if something needs transported.

Attachments

builderboy

I started your truck

I started your truck in leonardwood !! They guy at leonardwood ( Dave ) is a heck of a nice guy !! I walked around several ( As much as I could without taking dave's entire day) And most of them appeared to be solid trucks. buy the way your truck started right up !!

By the way how did your EUC clear already??

Stonepicker1

Update....Just got back to the Hotel.

All went well today..GL rep Dave is a great guy.Picked up my truck at around noon today. Did my PMCS(yes I had the -10 manual)
It was 3 quarts low on oil, 3/4 a galoon low on coolant, and 1/2 quart low on power steering fluid. The fuel tank was over 3/4 full and it looks like it was just serviced.
The batteries look like new and yes it started right up.

I took my time and went over everything. I even went ahead and greased all the fittings under the truck.
I drove over to Andy's "andy123" at around 3:30 pm and picked up the battery box....Andy has a lot, lot, lot of OD at his place. Great stuff and a super great guy.

I will upload pictures and video after I clean-up and eat.

ps: I was doing 70 mph and my son was all smiles. I think he want one now.:-D

Stonepicker1

Attachments

Stonepicker1

Leaving St. Louis, MO around 9:00AM on Thursday. Taking I-64 East to Lexington, KY about 370 miles. Should make it with all the stops, around 5:30pm(time change 1hr)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks