• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV High Speed Gears

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could someone please help me identify the axle position on my diffs please. Pardon my ignorance, I am still learning the differences between these rigs.
trying to get pic to load...View attachment 732799
That is the same axle that was bolted on in Sealy in 1998. Get a quote on drive-in drive out gear change at MTP drivetrain in Many, LA. You can wait or get a rental car and go home.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the same axle that was bolted on in Sealy in 1998. Get a quote on drive-in drive out gear change at MTP drivetrain in Many, LA. You can wait or get a rental car and go home.
Did you get a quote from them? I'm getting to that point and I don't have the time (or tree shade) to do it.

Ornduff

I talked to joe this morning. Very courteous gentleman. Estimate I got from him was, if I take the truck to him and drop off $5000 with the parts. If I pull my diffs and take to him then 1750 each diff. The estimates do not include any repairs needed once inside. ie. seals, bearing...

10Lugger

I have one pair of complete chunks/assemblies, plus a spare front. I bought two sets plus a spare, as I use my lmtv for work and can't afford down time. Years of reliability, have proved I don't need a spare set. Anyone interested in buying and picking the set up, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited

10lugger
I’m interested in your set of gears for the LMTV in trying to find 307 gears for a 6x6, I can find the center section having trouble finding the front and rears. Would you be willing to ship them
Thanks
Alexander

Last edited:

AZperformance

There are some auctions for axel Tech mrap axles. Are these what I would need for the high-speed ring in pinon?

Last edited:

10Lugger

UPDATE: I still have these high speed gears: As stated earlier, I bought two complete sets plus one extra front. I anticipated buying another lmtv. My swap went easy. I will sell the front and rear diff set for $3500 firm. Pic. Available. Picked up preferred. I have no freight ship connections so expect $500 in freight. I will not figure freight for you, but will crate. My zip is 22663

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI- Steve 6x6x6 just offered up a set of gears that can be delivered to the Georgia rally this week (needs to know by today!) @$1550 for BOTH front and rear chunks and @$2,000 for all three for a 6x6 MTV. If your not going-find a friend who is and buy these!

johnz

Could you text me his contact info please? Or send him my number? . I can't seem to find his info here. 404-831-8737 Thanks.
FYI- Steve 6x6x6 just offered up a set of gears that can be delivered to the Georgia rally this week (needs to know by today!) @$1550 for BOTH front and rear chunks and @$2,000 for all three for a 6x6 MTV. If your not going-find a friend who is and buy these!

coachgeo

Did we ever determine if a ring and pinion can be swapped in the original chuck? I have a contact at a gear manufacture that is willing to make custom sets..
??? not sure that has been asked. What do you mean by swapped? as in can they be removed and replaced with in the chunk? Or do you mean they can be swapped between front and rear axle chunks?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks