• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

found a M35A2

shadowrwolf

so i was poking around my local area and came across this guy on the market here is the info.

Year:1970
Miles: 11000
Hrs: Unknone
Multi Fuel
New batterys this year
Upper radiator hose leaks

i have not had a chance to look at it in person, hopefully will have time this weekend from the pictures it looks like it was bought and just sat around rusting.

hes asking $5750 sounds a bit high.

i will take my camera with me and bring back some more info soon.

Attachments

shadowrwolf

i was thinking about hitting him for 3k cash in hand

and i just noticed the mushroom is on a bend pipe is that stock or something someone tinkered with.

also il look close at all the canvis.

Last edited:

Heath_h49008

It still has the safety wire over the smoke screw... at least it wasn't cranked up and beat like a mule in that regard.

I wouldn't go over $4000. Start at $3k.

shadowrwolf

thanks thats the price range i was thinking for it.
i need to run by the base hobby shop to see if they will let me work on it there
and stickers to get on base... i wonder if security would even look for stickers on a old mil truck lol

o and the engine looks like it needs a paint job to prevent rusting. can it be done in the bay or would i have to pull it

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good advice already. The elbow for the mushroom is actually a good thing; helps to keep rain and snow out.

Upper rad hose is an easy enough fix; I'd use it as an excuse for a coolant flush and do the lower rad hose at the same time as cheap insurance.
Just check it out carefully with the engine running to ensure it is really just the hose and not the neck of the radiator. Fixing that is a little more involved/expensive if done right.

The rust on the engine does not appear major. If you drive it enough, it will coat itself with oil for rust prevention! :grin:

Good luck!

91W350

well i only offer that low when i have cash in hand, and speculation on future price dose not determined todays price.
You might be correct, however, I have been approached by several well to do guys in their early 40s that know way too much without knowing anything about the multifuels. There must have been an article in some popular rag about how great they would work as a survival machine with their ability to burn different fuels. I sold a solid, but ugly deuce for 4500 and the guy was tickled to find one. Glen

shadowrwolf

You might be correct, however, I have been approached by several well to do guys in their early 40s that know way too much without knowing anything about the multifuels. There must have been an article in some popular rag about how great they would work as a survival machine with their ability to burn different fuels. I sold a solid, but ugly deuce for 4500 and the guy was tickled to find one. Glen

lol dont know if i would want to be driving the deuce in a SHTF situation, natural disaster maby.
what makes me wonder is the deuce is parked at a mechanic shop that he works at. i will admit it i dont know a lot about engines most of my experience is on Buell motorcycle engines, and fixing any kind of electronics and wiring. but that is why im not buying a pristine Deuce something to learn and fix on.

i have quite a few more years till i hit 40 lol

and looks like there is a few posts on the survivalist forums.

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't budge over 3K. (Don't forget to ask for all the papers. No title = walk). I saw a M35A2 W/W (no top or canvas) sell for $2500 just last week. Prices are on the climb but you might still have some luck on a good deal.

Last edited:

shadowrwolf

no whistler turbo
rotten canvis roof
troop cover is newer and no holes.
he has done no work on it since buying except the batterys
i did fire right up but when i was inspecting it before he did it was warm and no air buzzer on start up so think he already warmed it up so no idea about a cold start

clutch was proper free play and felt right, engine ran fine from my ears i have a very crappy vid shaky and all over the place but i did it more to see if anyone can hear anything i cant. will upload soon.

yes the pix are not as hi rez as they should be my good cam decided to start smoking when i put the battery in so had to use my indestructible dive cam that is a bit old.

Attachments

197thhhc

Looks like a decent old deuce. More important it looks unmolested. Looking at the underside pics I would say it has several wheel cylinders leaking. Make sure you check the brakes over well before you drive it

Last edited: