• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

found a M35A2

lawdog1623

im glad you got it home. looks like you got a fair bit of work ahead with the cowling and all. That seems to be a very typical place for the rusting out. keep a good refurb thread going on your new truck.

shadowrwolf

so im back from vacation, trouble shot the oil pressure and seems that the gauge is what went out, after i pulled it out and moved it around a bit looks like the coil might have disintegrated.

other things i have found recently
the air shutoff for the passenger air connector is leaking out of the cut off lever so pulled that and will see if i can do something to fix that problem.

one question i have is my brakes go almost to the flore, but after a few pumps they tend to be solid about 1.5 inches off the flore, this is my first deuce so i dont have a feel for whats normal yet, there is little to no resistance to that point.

also seems to be a lot of oil (just residue on the frame havent seen any dripping) front drivers side

the radiator needs new hose, and the radiators bracket is rusted bad on one side but the radiator is not compromised so i will see when i pull it if i can just cut out the rust and have a new piece welded in.

shadowrwolf

messed with the low air buzzer with no luck
24v at the plug to ground
cleaned the copper grounding strap, and removed some paint from the body so the grounding strap has better contact with it, opend up the buzzer box and checked resistance of evreything and all seems good. i am stumped as to why its not working. also cleaned up inside the box.

(update) extremly stumped now, just hooked it up to 24vdc in my shop and it worked, the wire in the trucks good, and the grounds good but yet it wont work when hooked in
(update 2) and now it worked when pluged in to the truck, so i will replace the rivits and bolt it back in this week, no idea what its problem was but apparently its happy now...

this will be also the last day i start it for a while, will be removing the radeator and taking that to a shop to get checked, cleaned and repared if posible becuse its rusted bad driverside bottom.

found rust in the fuel filter when i opened the bottom so i will be ordering all filters, and adapters, might also pull the fuel tank and get it re conditiond becuse it looks like some of the linning is worne off and that could be the source of the rust in the fuel

found oil in the far air tank when i went to drane it today anyone know what could cause that?

Last edited: