• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA 2011 Rally After Action Report

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I did get the first arm band, and paid for the other days, and got my cards. I never could seem to get over to the office, to exchange my card for the current day's band. I know they don't like giving the bands out early, as then people would know the color and could 'cheat'. But with everything I had going on it was hard to make time to stop by the main office. Maybe, someone from DT could come to the registration table in the mornings, to swap cards for bands? Or I just need to not be so lazy and force time to get over there before the trailrides start. lol.

I love the idea of a 'taps' ceromony- makes me tear up. I did many military funerals when I was stationed in San Diego. I always fell that tightness in my heart, at the loss of another defender of freedom, and the thought of those we have already lost.
OK...now I'm confused...armbands? Were these used for trail rides or what? We didn't get any. I didn't even see anyone with an armband??:roll:

We all registered and paid the fees $15 per day and posted the receipts on the M185A3 Camper truck in case anyone wanted to check. Plus we had the cabin.[thumbzup]
We were issued little cards for the wallet.
I certainly hope we did all we were supposed to:grin:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Little to say in the specified format as everything was fantastic.

I would like to suggest an auction next year, probably on a Saturday evening, or Sunday morning early, for folks who want to get rid of stuff and not bring it home. I met an auctioneer at GL who has offered to do the tasking. It was to late to get him in this year, but let's please keep it in mind for next year. It would be nice to bring an extra M-105 and if not sold, auction it off to the high bidder and he can load it up and bring all his new toys home. (I'll be having two other trailers to load up and bring home.)

5-10% can go to the Ga Rally to offset fees and lunch.
I second that motion..[thumbzup]

What Jerry Reed said

zout

The arm bands were $5 for riders to hitch a ride with someone headed out on the trails. Deb got to ride a couple times as I paid for both of us for Wed to Sun. I never did get a ride as there was always something else going on - like taking the 43 for a spin around the pasture to giggle a little bit. She got to ride in the Penz which really got my arse kicked again when we got home as I have ORDERS to get the Jeep done.

I feel no loss not to get a ride because I know it will help Duramtown be there next year for us.

I have no clue what the drivers paid for the trucks to head out with them per day ?? Maybe someone can chime in here to adivse of daily costs.

It was $15 per night for the pasture parking and we walked over Wed morning and paid. Wll worth the cost to support the facility and their folks. Folks that did not pay the $15 per night to camp out - that is for your concious to recon.

zout

Don = there are only 4 types of personalities no matter what country or state you go. Its just of the 4 I fall into. What's right is right and what is wrong is wrong. Zout knows no other options.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
It was $20 a day to drive on the trails. I paid for the week but didn't use the one for sat because the jeep alternator took a crap. Also paid the camp fee for the week too. thous that didn't shame on you!!!!!!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If Durhamtown were OK with it, I could collect camping fees at the gate and assure folks payed. I could also do some type of camping permit to be dispayed on the camping unit. Are there any waivers required for registration? Just as soon as the 2012 dates are posted, I will reserve my cabin.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are waivers for riders and drivers. PB, you got a colored arm band if you were a rider or a driver. I believe if you paid to drive you could ride with someone else that same day. They only give you whatever 'color of the day' the band is. they give you cards to exchange for the next days flavor if you pay ahead of time.

I was told it was $15 per night for up to 3 people (one tent/truck I assume) at the desk, Neil paid for him, Craig and I for his hooch for the week.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would be a big help if we could take care of all that at our registration desk. Going over to the office, and then having to dodge the atv's, motorcycles, and then stand in line to tell the desk help that we don't need helmets to rid the trails( I was asked if I had a helmet) to pay for our tent fee and ride fees. I even went back over on Saturday and paid up for driving Friday(spur of the moment) and Saturday(never made it to the trails) and the desk girls thanked me for coming in and paying the diff.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK...we're good then. We paid, but everyone had to go over and sign for the waiver.
None of us signed up for or went trail riding.:jumpin:

Oh...BTW the way, when I was registering, Mike the owner came up and started talking to me like a long lost friend. He said he was gonna have someone film the hardball convoy and maybe put it on his site somewhere.

Hey...I'm gonna go look right now!!!:-D:jumpin:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know about doing the waivers at our registration. I really think that is best left to the durhamtown staff. Perhaps Clinto can quiz Mike on that. Camping would be easy. I would hate to lose this venue because a couple of folks would want to skip out on paying camping fees.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree that collecting camping could be done easily. I was more interested in redeming my card saying I paid to drive/ride for that day, for a wristband. I would say you still have to go to sign in for the waiver, and pay for riding/driving, but if you have the cards for the following days, you can just stop by the front table and swap them out for the proper wristband. I know I paid, I just don't want others to think that dirty rotten Ferro is driving all week for free... or DT to see that and think that as well.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Makes sense Adam, might could pull that off.

Off topic,

I met with ODdave yesterday out at the island to get him the free M-1028 troop seats I offered last month. I gave him a sheet of stickers and a T-Shirt from the Rally. Dave was not aware SS had an official truck sticker.

I think since this sticker was offered in the GA Rally thread anyone who was not interested in the rally did not know. Can you post this as a new thread to get the remaining sold. I also need 2 more sheets. I PMed you a few days ago w/o a response.

Don

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Off topic,

I met with ODdave yesterday out at the island to get him the free M-1028 troop seats I offered last month. I gave him a sheet of stickers and a T-Shirt from the Rally. Dave was not aware SS had an official truck sticker.

I think since this sticker was offered in the GA Rally thread anyone who was not interested in the rally did not know. Can you post this as a new thread to get the remaining sold. I also need 2 more sheets. I PMed you a few days ago w/o a response.

Don
Here is the orignal thread introducing it to all members. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/76153-official-steel-soldiers-sticker.html

As for the PM a few days ago, it was actually last night at 2015 hrs and you are right, I've not responded. I'm not set up quite yet to fulfill the mail orders yet and I've got about 20 PMs to go through from the last few days. I have probably 50 requests for stickers in PMs from before the rally as well. I will try to get something going Wed or Thurs as I'm working 15 hour days (including right now) until Tues. I will try to fill orders in the order that they were received once I work out postage and payment so it won't be quick.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree that collecting camping could be done easily. I was more interested in redeming my card saying I paid to drive/ride for that day, for a wristband. I would say you still have to go to sign in for the waiver, and pay for riding/driving, but if you have the cards for the following days, you can just stop by the front table and swap them out for the proper wristband. I know I paid, I just don't want others to think that dirty rotten Ferro is driving all week for free... or DT to see that and think that as well.

Thanks for the reminder Adam. I paid for us to camp and paid to be a rider and did the waiver but I don't know if there was an extra fee for driving. I forgot and then you let me drive your truck. It was $15/day for three days camping and $5 extra for the rider/driver waiver. I think.

Jon_H

All this talk of registration & waivers reminded me of a thought I had during the rally.

When we sign the Durhamtown registration/waiver we protect Durhamtown from any action that might be taken against them as the result of an incident or accident while we're on their property.
However, there is nothing to protect the organizers of the GA Rally! I would strongly suggest for such a big event that a waiver be signed by all participants and especially a parental waiver for all minors. We've done it for yeas at the Rover events, luckily nothing has ever got to the point of legalities, but if it did, the officers, organizers and volunteers are protected by the waiver.

I can get a copy of the waivers we use if there is any interest.
Better safe, than sorry [thumbzup]

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think a waiver for both Steel Soldiers and the GA Rally are an excellent idea for any event such as the GA Rally. It will only take a second to sign and I don't think anyone would object.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks